The Wedding

Drupad frowned as he saw the Pandavas standing in front of him. He felt betrayed and disappointed to see his daughter suffering.

"What will the whole society call her? Vasudev! Is this right? Five men are sharing one woman! And there is a sixth one too. Why are you silent? " Drupad asked

"Let it happen, King Drupad. Let's wait to see what happens next," Krishna calmly said as King Drupad finished his KanyaDhan.

"What about Angraaj Karn? Drishtadhyumn asked as he witnessed his sister getting married to five men.

"We'll have to talk to him regarding this, not now, but later. Kunti bua has pleaded Draupadi not to tell this to the Pandavas as she is scared that she might lose her sons' love towards her. We can talk to Angraaj only with the permission of Kunti bua." Krishna said and smiled at Draupadi.

Draupadi took her oaths with the five brothers and looked at Kunti with teary eyes. She had fallen in love with Arjun as soon as she heard about him. Even Arjun did not want to go against his mother's order. He did not care for her feelings. How could he?

One the other hand, it was sure that either Angraaj Karn or Arjun would complete the contest with ease. She had denied Angraaj from participating in it just because she wanted to marry Arjun. Even if Angraaj had not participated, he turned out to be one of Rajmatha Kunti's sons, which meant she had to marry him.

Hot pearls of tears rolled down her cheeks as she wore the Chudamani. The Chudamani was embedded with five stones and the sixth stone was upside down, in the opposite direction of the central stone.

(Arjun was the third of the Pandavas. The central stone denoted Arjun. From either side, Arjun was in the middle. The stone opposite to Arjun's denoted Angraaj Karn, who is always at opposition to Arjun)

Though Draupadi had not married Angraaj till then, she felt that the sixth stone of her Chudamani signified him.

"What gift do you want Sakhi?" Krishna asked with a cute smile.

"Can you help me to talk with Angraaj?" Draupadi asked tearfully

"Sure, but only if he wishes to..." Krishna said thoughtfully.

The wedding was successful.

---------------------------------------------

"Children, I have to tell you something," Kunti said, still afraid of what her sons would think about her

"Yes, Mata, we are waiting," Sahadev said worriedly.

Kunti glanced at Draupadi then at Pandavas.

"Draupadi has promised to marry one more man." Krishna interrupted, not letting Kunti talk

"One more?" Bheem asked confused

"Yes, Bratha Bheem, we do not know who he is but when the right time comes, the wedding will take place. But please accept that too, brothers" Krishna said

"It is okay Madhav, we will not let her promise break. We will support her if she marries one more man." Arjun said shocking Draupadi

Draupadi looked at the Pandavas with hurt and irritation.

"They do not mind if I get married to one more man! They just don't care at all. All that matters to them is their mother, her orders and their own Dharma! No one cares for what I think, what I feel, what I want. They are ready to make me wife of anyone! Is this their Dharma of not considering others' feelings and opinions? Hey Narayan! Why is this happening to me?"

Draupadi thought as she climbed up the Palanquin.