T h r e e

"Can you walk me home?"

She blurted out.

"Of course. I was about to ask you if I should go with you or not. Let's go." I said.

"Thank you." She replied under her breath.

We kept walking in silence for a minute or so and she broke the silence,

"I guess we go to the same school."

"Well, I'm from the art class, Victoria. Yes, we go to the same school."

V I C T O R I A

The guy I saw in front of the ice cream stall, he's from my school. And my art class too.

But I never noticed him. Or anyone from my class. Ever since Abby passed away, I curled myself up out of everyone's life.

I snapped out of my thoughts and said embarrassingly,

"How do you know me though? I never even talk to anyone."

"Who doesn't know you? You literally nail it in every class. I saw your sunflower in the last test. Really, praiseworthy." he chucked.

I wonder why I ever didn't notice this guy around. He seems to be a nice person.

"Uhh.....what is your name anyways-" I bluntly spoke.

"Ohh I'm so sorry for not mentioning my name it's Harry." he cut me off and gave me a huge smile showing out his pearly white teeth.

He DOES have a nice smile, I gotta appreciate.

I gave him a small smile back and suddenly he's expression turns serious.

"Who did this to you?"

I looked away all around and tried to brush the topic off. But he again demanded an answer from me.

I annoyingly started to explain.

"Drew did. The fat guy. He used to make annoying comments on me whenever passing by and this morning he literally attacked me so I slapped him right on the face and gave him some treatment. Then he left without protesting and made all this mess all over my face after school when I was on my way.

God knows what my fault was. I never caused him any trouble or anything, he always gets into my hair for no particular reason."

H A R R Y

Victoria explained me the whole thing with utter irritation in her veins.

I tried to comfort her by brushing off the topic.

"Never mind. He's been an asshole since forever.

Next time, just ignore him.
And, even after that if he tries anything, we gotta report it to the principal."

She looked me dead into the eyes.

"Mmhmm, we'll see that later.
We're here. It's my house."

She simply stated.

She pointed her house on the right hand side of the street.
It was a small but beautiful house with tiny and colourful flower vines all around.

"Well, I might go now. Put some ic-"

"That would be nice if you come in for a tea or anything, Harry."

She cut me off by her sweet plea with her adorable voice.

"Some other time, I guess." I said.

"I insist."

"Umm, okay." I retorted.

V I C T O R I A

I asked this kid to come inside who walked me home who's assumed to be from my art class, Harry.

"Mom! I'm home. Mommy?!"

I shout. But there's to be no reply.

I ran into the kitchen and found a note,

Victoria,

I'm going to your uncle Milton's. Your cousin broke his leg. I'm probably going to stay tonight. I made dinner it's in the fridge. Don't eat all at once. Don't be mischievous and behave even you're alone at home.

Love,
Mommy

Cool. She won't know that I got beaten up by random kids at school in daylight, after being dragged into some ally.

Thanks to my cousin for breaking his leg.