F o u r

Thanks to my cousin for breaking his leg.

As soon as I turned back, I saw Harry standing at the kitchen entrance, with a confusing look on his face.

"My mommy isn't home. She went to see my cousin who broke his leg and she won't be home tonight as far as this note says." I pointed him the note in my hand he gave me a nod.

H A R R Y

"Uhh- Victoria, I think you should put some ice on that first," I blurted.

And instantly she gave me an awkward look and the world fell all silent. The silence placed a moment and she broke it with a cheesy but cute laugh.

"Harry, if you're concerned for my messed up face then let me tell you I've had worse encounters than this before."

The way she said all those words felt like she belongs to some dangerous gang who get badly beaten up every now and then and the fact that her delicate lips are bleeding since I saw her it really doesn't bother her at all.

I stand there awkwardly and my eyes follow her movements around the counter.

"Please have a seat."

I walk up to the counter and sit on one of the chairs placed one beside another.

"I'm heating the pizza up would you like to have some tea along?"

She asked my generously.

"Thank you but it's fine. You don't need to bother yourself with that." I retorted.

She gave me a pouty face with a quick nod and brought up a first-aid kit from god-knows-where and carelessly started to rub her broken skin of her lips with some sort of antiseptic untill the pizza was having warm a summertime picnic inside the microwave.

Every part of my body started to get goosebumps at her action.

"Take it easy! Don't rub them this hard it'll make it worse."

"Does it look too bad?"

"Yeah, pretty bad. Let me help you with it." I asked.

"I can do it by myself, thank you though." She blurted.

All of a sudden she spoke,

"It all happened after Abby, you know, the kid died from a car crash few months back."

I couldn't understand what she was talking about.

Still I gave her a sympathetic look and a nod, "Yeah, I heard about her death. I really feel sorry for her family."

"She was my best friend." She sighed.

As soon as the words slipped her mouth I looked up at her.

Her eyes shining, tears fighting them to stream down her cheeks.
But somehow she managed to hold back her tears in and looked away and started to speak up again.

"It's really stabbing me all over again and again that I'm not able to get over her. I need fr- Holly shit!" Eyes widen she looked at the microwave and promptly ran to get the pizzas out.

She served us pizza and took a seat beside me.

"I'm sorry about Abby, Victoria.I hope she rests in peace."

"It's fine. Thanks."

"You know what, there are some things we can't control. We just gotta go all along the way those things take us to. The places they lead us to. This is how life works. People come in our life and leave us all alone. They leave us either by their own will or the will of the
god."

She stared at me in the eyes, with a 'You-Can't-Read-My-Face' look.

"Victoria?"