F o u r t e e n

I almost choked when he said that.

This guy Jaden is goddamn cheeky.

However, I looked up at him and gave him
a dude-thanks-but-stop-I-already-
like-someone-else look so that he doesn't start flirting with me even though I really didn't like anyone in that way for real.

"Come, let's get ourselves something to drink. Liam certainly has arranged something. After all, it's his party."

I nodded hesitantly and instantly my eyes started searching for Harry and Zayn if they were somewhere around.

But none of them were nowhere to be found.

Jaden grabbed my hand and pushed us through a few people into the house, just to discover that the number of people invited over is not as small as we were assuming it to be.

Bunch of boys and girls were there, talking and laughing. Then some of them were in the kitchen, standing against the counter, seemed to be drunk talking- probably reminiscing about life.

"Let's go over there," he pointed to the counter where various drinks were placed.

We walked up to the counter and there we found Fiona distributing drinks, the very same girl I saved from being bullied the other day.

"Hey, Fiona!" I shouted.

She looked around in search of the voice that called her and her eyes finally found me.

"Ohh hi there, Victoria!" She replied with the same energy.

"You, at a night sneak party.....how come?" I astonishingly questioned.

"Dude, Liam's my cousin and I'm the co-host,so now you know the rest." she laughed her lungs out.

I bluntly laughed along making a fool of myself by taking her as naive as she seemed like.

"What would you like to drink, Tori?" She asked me breaking through the noise made by the crowd she and Liam invited.

"Uhh.....well, this is Jaden." I pointed back at Jaiden and there he was, standing with a confusing look written all around his face.

"You know him too?" Waving at Jaden she casted her question towards me.

"Yeah, he drove us here. He's a friend of Harry and Zayn.....a-and me."

"Now if you kindly give us a drink and excuse us, that would just be
great." Jaden said to Fiona, with a pinch of annoyance in his voice.

"Sure. What would you like me to make you?" She retorted, still as soft as a flower petal.

"A coke for me, and Victoria, what would you like?"

"Orange juice would just be fine, if you have any."

Fiona nodded and within a blink of our eyes the drinks were served.

We took our drinks and Jaden pulled me out of there, talking us to the backyard- where there were no such thing existing named crowd- but only the plain old yard in it's most calming state under the mesmerizing night sky.
He walked down in the middle of the yard, under a tree that I never could tell that what tree it was whether what could it's name ever be.

"Come over here!" He waved his hand.

I slowly walked my way down towards him, under the tree where he sat down. Leaning against the trunk he found himself a cozy seat yet I stayed stood— looking down at him.
He was holding his drink in one hand, and with the other one he patted the ground gesturing me to sit beside him.

I smiled at him and sat down.

He looked at everywhere but me and kept taking sips from his drink.

"How's life?" He questioned, breaking through the awkward moment.

"Cruel yet kind at the same time, you know."

He casted a look full of confusion towards me, not quite understanding what I was saying.

"You see, on one hand I lost my best friend and on the other hand I've got these mental boys who would definitely do whatever it takes just to sneak me out of my house at this hour." I laughed, still figuring a sense of sorrow in my own tone.

"That's how life works, to be honest. I live here with my aunt. There are days like these when she'd stay out of town like for weeks." He casually stated.

"What happened to your parents?" I curiously asked.

"They passed away when I was like seven or something. Left me here to suffer, to be a burden on others who don't even have a goddamn shit to give though."

I placed my glass of juice on the ground and gently patted on his shoulder.

J A D E N

"I'm sorry." A whisper barely came out from Victoria's mouth.

"Anyways, I heard that you gave Drew cookies, is that true? Cause I can't fucking believe that someone actually has caused him to bleed."

"Yeah, I did. And it felt like....I really can't describe how good I felt watching him squealing. He deserved it. Probably more than just a broken nose because he has caused so much trouble and annoyance to every single student in the school since the first day. Even if I hadn't done that, someone else had to. They must had to." I stared at her for the whole time she spoke.

"I totally regret not being able to witness him whimpering." I added.

"Don't worry, you will someday if he again dares to be an asshole to anyone." She laughed.

H A R R Y

It's been a good long while since we're here and Liam took me to take stupid pictures of his and his friends and all and I totally forgot that Victoria was left there alone, since Zayn's also here with me.

I stormed out of the room and started to look everywhere for her.

But she was nowhere.

I turned a trifle pale.

I grabbed my phone out and called her number.