N i n e t e e n

She smiled at my answer as though it was the most satisfying answer I could ever give her. Then we both kept walking again until we made it till her house.

V I C T O R I A

It's been a quite long while since the day Jaden walked me home.

It has been months, more than just months actually.
The evening was from one of the day when I was in my freshmen year, and now I'm about to be a senior in no time.

Among this whole time, we had hundreds of night sneaks, countless hangouts and I know there are more to come.

Nothing really changed in any way except for one. Most of the time, it's just me and Harry, we hangout together during most of our times because Zayn has been very detached from the rest of the world— ever since Perri and he ended up being together in the last days of sophomore year.

And because of all dramas combined, the one's left to suffer in the end of the show are also me and Harry.
Even if the rest of the poppers are missing it feels completely fine. But on the other hand, though everyone's there but Harry, it feels like I'm lost in the crowd.

I admit it that I should hate to feel stupid like this— yet I can't help loving it instead. It should feel wrong yet it feels so damn right. I don't want to know if he feels the same in my case- still, I can't deny that deep down if he really does not care, my heart would shatter into uncountable molecules that I would never be able to put back together.

Today he will come for dinner this evening at our house, along with Anne.

Mum asked me to invite them over and since I went to their place to ask,  Anne seemed really delighted about the whole thing.

We don't own a very big nor a sophisticated house, though me and mum both are happy and contented about our plain old cliche household.

Mum was really busy with the cooking part since the starting of the day and still I did not bother to lend her a hand.
I was busy with cleaning my room though- it had to be fixed cause it was rather messier than it is usually used to be.

I came out of my cave-looking room hearing my mum shout from downstairs.

"Vix, help me with the chores honey!" she called.

"Coming!" I retorted.

I ran down and discovered her in the kitchen, cooking food that emitted beautiful fragrance that flirted with my nostrils.

"What's in there? Smells amazing!" I commented.

"Steak. And your favourite soup." She replied with a little enthusiastic tone.
I just smiled at her, quietly stepping ahead to help her with some chopping.

It was almost evening when the doorbell rang- ding ding ding.
I jumped out of the couch running towards the door. And there was Anne, smiling.
I embraced her into a warm greeting, even though my eyes were in search of Harry's presence.

Finally when my peripheral sight assured me that Harry was possibly nowhere to be seen around, my soul sighed in defeat and told me to calm down— "Hold tight child, your Harry is not coming today."
Still both my soul and sight convincing me Harry probably won't come, I took my own shot to confirm if he was really coming or not.

"Anne, where is Harry? He told me he will come with you too." I asked her impatiently.

"Ohh honey, I'm so sorry to tell you this but he said he didn't feel really good today so he just said he would come some other day around." She simply stated.