N i n e

I turned my phone down seeing the last text she sent me.

Within a while, the cricket's chrippings coming from the bushes outside slowly drifted me off to a deep sleep.

Warm sun rays pierced through the cloud coloured curtains of my window woke me up.

I got off from the bed stretching my arms all around and walked over to the wall of my room displaying my graceful captures.

I stopped and stayed still in front of them for a moment like I do every morning. It helps me to stick to my goal like superglue.

My dream of making as a professional photographer.

It's not just a dream for me. It's a lifeline. It helps me to cherish the beauty beneath everything. Deep down it helps to calm my soul.

Teaches us that there are certain things we can't change and we just have to take it as it is and it's for the best-
the way it's resembled to us and teaches us to appreciate things at its respective states.

I stared at them for a while and walked away to the bathroom and freshened myself up. I slipped into my clothes and went downstairs without making any noise.

I woke up a bit earlier than I usually do but mom was already there in the kitchen.

"Good morning, baby." She greeted.

"Morning, mom." I retorted with a smile.

"You woke up early today, what made you?" She chuckled.

"I don't know. I just woke up." I simply stated.

"Victoria is really a nice girl." She spoke.

My mom mentioning Victoria gave me chills. I don't know why, but it did anyways.

"Y-yeah, she is." I stuttered.

"You should bring her over sometimes. She reminds me of Gemma." She sighed.

I could sense the sorrow in her voice when she mentioned my sister Gemma's name. She left for the university a year ago, to America.

We only got to meet her the last Christmas. Because we cannot afford regular visits from that far.

However, we have to compromise certain things in life to achieve better things and so we're doing in Gemma's case.

I went up to mom and gave her a tight hug, letting her know through it that I would always be there for her in every situation no matter what and I'd do whatever it takes to protect her.

V I C T O R I A

Alarm's annoying beep woke me up as it does evey morning. I jumped off of bed and glanced at the clock, it said 7:05 AM.

DANG I'M GOING TO BE LATE

I sprinted to the bathroom and fixed my hair-face-everything that needed to be fixed to go out in the modest society.

Pretty bruises, when will you leave me?

I sarcastically sang.

With all done perfectly enough to go out, I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs.

"Mom! I'm leaving now or I'll be late." I screamed.

I didn't wait for a response and headed out of the house.

I was walking the fastest as I could.

My phone rang.

Incoming call from: Harry