8. Confession [IZUKU MIDORIYA]

{i really need to create a damn schedule for this book..}

This was it. The day Izuku would finally confess his love for Y/N. The day that'll possibly change his life for the better, or for the absolute worse.

He took up Ochako's suggestion and planned on taking Y/N out to their favorite restaurant on Saturday. He spent at least an hour on making sure nothing would mess up his confession. Then another hour to be cautious...

And another hour at the mirror, but this time, it was for him to practice what he was going to say. He wasn't completely certain on why he was taking this so seriously. He didn't have to confess, however he wanted to be the one that Y/N loved. He'd steadily lose his mind if he learned about his dear crush being happy and in love with someone who isn't him.

Call him overdramatic; he would beat himself up inside for not telling Y/N how he felt sooner. It'd may haunt him for some time.

"I'll make sure tomorrow is perfect.." Izuku muttered to himself,

"Nothing is going to ruin it."

So...

He was wrong. Very, very wrong.

The restaurant part went great, absolutely perfect in fact. Izuku paid for everything, despite Y/N protesting constantly about him doing so. However, as soon as they left the restaurant, it started pouring down rain. He wanted to dump himself into a trashcan, and be there to rot for the rest of his life.

Banging his head against a wall sounded actually pretty good right about now. Especially once he realized neither him or Y/N brought an umbrella along with them. Izuku took it upon himself to take off his jacket and drape it over Y/N's head to mostly protect them from the rain. He would rather get drenched with rain water and get sick than letting his crush face the same unfortunate consequences.

"Come on! I'm sure if we hurry, we can reach my house. It's not far from here." Y/N said, taking ahold of his hand and dragging him with her before the boy could protest. He was certain his face was burning red as he stared down at their hands, his mind immediately going haywire with unwanted thoughts.

"Sheesh, I should've paid more attention to today's weather." Y/N smiled sheepishly, drying their H/C hair once they arrived at their home. "I guess it ruined our little hang out plan," she pouted.

"Let me go get us some spare clothes. My older brother has plenty of shirts and whatnot. I'll be back!" They called out behind them as they ran up the stairs, their footsteps becoming faint. Izuku sighed, running a hand through his damp hair.

"Way to go, Izuku... You indirectly ruined your plan to confess your feelings... stupid, stupid, stupid..!" He smacked his forehead repeatedly, his eyes clenched shut. He eventually stopped and found a sudden interest in the ground, "Who am I kidding..?"

"Why would they ever like someone like me? I'm not as strong as Todoroki or even Kacchan.. this power I have isn't even mine to begin with.. I'm not the one for them," he muttered, a saddened look making its way onto his face. "How could I be such a clueless idiot to ever believe someone like them would ever like me? I really must've been that desperate."

"Well, you're a clueless idiot, so you got that part right." A familiar voice spoke, Izuku turning around to see Y/N leaning against the wall with their arms crossed. They had an amused expression on their face.

"Desperate? I don't think so," they snickered, walking over to the male and sitting down next to him. "You truly doubt yourself, Izuku. Of course I like you. Who wouldn't like such an adorable face like yours? Especially with the cute freckles." Y/N proceeded to cup his cheeks, tugging on his skin and being as gentle as they could be.

"I planned on confessing first, but it seems like you accidentally beat me to it." Y/N said with a laugh, a teasing smile on their face as they watched the green-haired boy's cheeks flare up with embarrassment. "So.. I like you, too, Izuku."

"I-I... Y-You..!" Izuku started, cutting himself off by bursting into tears. Not from sadness, but from the amount of joy he was feeling. He ended up completely soaking the couch cushion, much to Y/N's dismay.

Y/N blinked a few times, still processing what was happening. "Um..." They reached and patted his back slowly, "there, there..?"

They didn't know he would cry because they had the same feelings as he did. They didn't even know that was a possibility, but here they were, comforting the green haired male.
"I apologize for... accepting your.. love?"

"I-It's not your fault! I shouldn't be crying!"

"Izuku, I—"