9. Confession [KATSUKI BAKUGO]

{um, language warning?? It's Bakugo, so I'm sure you all are aware of this boy's potty mouth 😤} {Y/N has a potty mouth as well tbh}

"Why are we going to your house? I thought we were walking through the park today." Y/N whined, dramatically ambling beside her childhood friend. "I wanted ice cream, too!"

"Do you ever stop complaining, you slob? All you do is eat, every single day." Katsuki huffed, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his pants. "If you actually paid attention for one minute in your life, you'd realize the clouds are gray. It's going to rain soon," he scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Ah, you wound me, Katsuki! And I'll have you know, food is a blessing! We vile creatures don't deserve such deliciousness sent from those heavenly beings above us." The H/C-nette said, pretending to praise the sky.

"Though, I'm sure some of those beings below us can make a mean grilled cheese sandwich..."

"Please, end me now.."

The two arrived at his house a few minutes later, Y/N happily greeting his parents while Katsuki grumbled something under his breath about his mother being such an old hag.

"You should treat your mom with more respect and give her some praise. She had to put up with your obnoxious ass for sixteen years." Y/N smiled innocently, but their E/C eyes showed their mischief. "She brought you into this world, I'm sure she can gladly take you out."

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING OBNOXIOUS?! I'LL BLOW YOUR ASS INTO NEXT WEEK! THAT HAG CAN FUCK OFF FOR ALL I CARE!"

"My point has been proven. Not once, not twice, but thrice."

Katsuki grunted, sitting down on the couch and digging through his school bag, pulling out his homework. "Shut up already. Let's complete this damn homework so we can do something worthwhile."

"Ay, ay, Captain Bakubitch." Y/N snickered, nudging him playfully before taking out their pencil and homework.

There was mostly silence between the two for about an hour, with the occasional comparing each other's answers or teasing banter. Katsuki cursed at himself within his head for being such an idiot about the way he was going to confess. He really didn't want to embarrass himself, or he'd never live it down.

"Oi, Y/N. Wanna binge watch something on Netflix?" Katsuki asked, glancing over at his friend with a raised eyebrow. "You can pick, I don't care. I can go get some snacks from the kitchen," he mumbled, a light blush on his cheeks, but it disappeared as quick as it came.

"Oo! We can watch Avatar!" They grabbed the remote and turned on Netflix, a sparkle in their eyes as she scrolled through the different movies and shows to find the one they wanted. The sight made a small smile creep onto the ash blond's face, the male getting up and heading to the kitchen.

"Stupid bubbly feelings... why can't you fuck off for at least a day when I'm with them?" He growled, aggressively looking through the cabinets for some popcorn. Once he found the box of popcorn, he grabbed a bag and put it into the microwave. "Their stupid smile, their dumb laugh, their idiotic voice.." He grumbled, angrily pushing the buttons on the machine and impatiently tapping his foot on the ground.

He wanted to back down on confessing to them and just let his feelings go away on their own, but Katsuki fucking Bakugo would never back down and that's a fact. It would put a giant dent on his ever-growing ego and pride.

Katsuki was snapped out of his thoughts by the loud beeping coming from the microwave, opening it and grabbing the bag of popcorn. He walked back to the living room to see his crush reacting the different hand motions of each bender.

"I'm a fire-bender now, bitch!" Y/N exclaimed, pretending to fight an imaginary opponent. There was a clear goofy smile on their face as they celebrated their victory. Their cheering was brought to an end once she finally noticed Bakugo standing there with a flabbergasted expression.

 Their cheering was brought to an end once she finally noticed Bakugo standing there with a flabbergasted expression

"You... You have issues.." Katsuki muttered, blinking a few times. "No sane person does that. I should check you into a mental hospital," he walked over and sat down on the couch, eating a handful of popcorn.

"What do you mean? Don't act like you don't sing Demi Lovato in the shower. Yes, Katsuki, I witnessed you doing so." Y/N smirked, plopping down next to him. "Nice voice cracks, by the way. Truly magnificent."

"Oi! I-I do not!"

"Whatever you say, Kacchan."

They watched Avatar for awhile before Katsuki finally mustered up enough courage to speak what's on his mind. "Hey.. Y/N.." He started, gaining said person's attention, "I needed to get something off of my chest."

He turned and looked straight into Y/N's eyes. "I-I like you, damnit! You always know how to make me feel like I'm on top of the world! I can't stand the thought of you being with someone who isn't me, so.." He clenched his fists, a pink hue appearing on his cheeks.

"B-Be mine, damnit!"

Y/N held an expressionless face until they slowly grinned,

"Took you long enough, you Pomeranian."