26

Ethan
Two days before the wedding

Emma raised onto her tiptoes to kiss me. "I'm sorry my parents have rules." She complained.

For the whole week leading up to the wedding, Emma's parents have made her stay with them in the house they rented. Apparently it's tradition that the bride and groom can't sleep in the same house during the wedding week.

Emma and I have been dying since the week started.

I smiled at her. "Two more days, then we'll make our own rules. But hey, this is our punishment for living in sin for the past few months."

Emma laughed. "Right. Living together before marriage. So scandalous these days."

I kissed her again. "You're gonna be my wife in two days."

"Yeah. I get to boss you around forever." She said, giggling.

I kissed her again. "I hate not being in the same bed. I just wanna cuddle all night."

"I know. Two more days and then we'll have the rest of our lives."

"I gotta go. I'll call you when I get home, okay?"

"Okay. I love you."

I smiled, kissing her one last time. "I love you too, babe. See you tomorrow."

"Bye, pumpkin."

I couldn't contain the smile on my face as I walked to the car. I waved to Emma one last time before I drove away. She's one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

I think she was waiting for me to get home, because she answered the phone as soon as I called.

"Hey."

"Hey. I just got home. What are you up to?"

"Just laying down. Watching tv. I miss you already."

"I know. I wish I was there laying with you."

"You know what we'd be doing right now?" She asked, her voice suddenly sounding lustful.

"Hold on just a second. I can tell you exactly what I'd be doing to you, and maybe I'll give you instructions on how to do it to yourself."

"Mmm. Read my mind, sexy."

I went in my room and changed into a pair of sweat before taking my shirt off and climbing into bed.

I did what I suggested, telling Emma exactly what I was thinking about doing to her, and us both giving each other instructions to make ourselves and each other feel good. In a couple days we'd be able to be together like this in person again, and I couldn't wait.

She was going to be my wife. 48 hours from then.

We talked on the phone until we fell asleep, and we were still on the call when I woke up the next morning.

"Em, are you awake?"

"Yeah. I just woke up."

"Do you want me to pick you up so we can get breakfast somewhere?"

"I would love that."

"Okay. I'm gonna get in the shower, and then I'll be on my way."

"Okay. Drive safe. I love you."

"I love you too, babe. I'll let you know when I'm on my way."

"Okay. See you soon." She said, hanging up.

I took a quick shower before drying off and getting dressed, then I texted Emma that I was on my way, and I drove to the rental house.

"Finally." She said as she opened the door. "I missed you."

Emma wrapped her arms around my neck in a hug, and I secured my arms around her waist as I kissed her. "I missed you too. Ready to get breakfast?"

"Yeah. Can you believe tomorrow is the day?"

"No. It's crazy, isn't it?"

"Yeah." She said, getting into the passenger seat as I slid in the drivers side. "I'm so proud of us."

"Me too." I said, squeezing her knee through her jeans. She smiled at me as I started the car, and before I put it in drive, I leaned over to give Emma a kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too, Mr. Monkey."

"Does that mean you're Mrs. Pumpkin now?"

"Tomorrow I will be."

Emma laced her hand with mine as I drove, and I was so happy simply to be spending this quality time with her.

It wasn't too much longer until we were sitting at a table with an amazing breakfast in front of us.

Emma had waffles with strawberries, and I had chocolate chip pancakes.

Amazing.

We enjoyed our little breakfast date, just talking and hanging out together. After that, we drove around for a while, and then I took her back to the rental house. I stayed there with her and her parents, and I had a great time hanging out with them. Her parents were really awesome, and they already treated me like I was a son to them.

The rehearsal dinner was later that night, so I went to the airport to pick up my mom and dad. Emma couldn't come because her mom wanted to spend some time with her, so it was just me.

I was glad to see my parents. I took them to lunch, and then we got ready for dinner. Once we got there, I found Emma right away and gave her a big hug. She looked so beautiful.

She had a short white dress on, and her hair was so gently curled. Her makeup was light but pretty, and the best part—she absolutely looked so genuinely happy.

She leaned her chin towards mine, and I pecked her on the lips before we sat down at the table to eat.

My parents and her parents were hitting it off really well, and everyone was simply having a great time at dinner.

We ran through the ceremony procedure to make sure that everyone knew how it was gonna go tomorrow, and then it was time to go home. I walked Emma to her car.

"So, next time I see you, I'll be making you my wife." I said, holding her hand as we walked through the parking lot.

Emma smiled. "I know. I'm so excited to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you so much E."

I kissed her again. Soft and slow. Loving.

"I love you too, baby. I'm gonna do everything I can to give you the best life, okay?"

"As long as it's with you, I already have the best life."

I stopped walking, and pulled her in for a hug. "Call me when you get home, okay? I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay. I love you." She said, reaching into her tiptoes for another kiss.

"I love you too." I replied, giving her one last peck before I let her go home.

I smiled as I walked back into the venue and found my parents. Emma is everything to me.