Chapter 7 - Tough Talk With Dad

"Elle! Your home.", my dad said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Did you have a nice time with Lee, Rachel, and Noah?", he questioned.

"Yeah, dad. It was great", I said kind of mumbling.

"You were gone for quite a while...", he said with a stern tone.

"You've been gone for over 24 hours in fact miss Rochelle Evans."

He was mad, I could tell. I saw the anger in his face.

Uh oh. Dad only called me by my full name when he was really angry with me.

"Jeez dad! I'm so sorry! I completely forgot to call or text you.", I said quickly.

"Elle. Listen.", my dad said seriously.

"Your a big girl now. Almost in college. You need to start taking more responsibility. I get that you love messing around with Noah-"

My cheeks turned bright pink.

 "But ever since the two of you got together last year, you've been very distracted. You used to never forget to contact me when you were going to be late."

"Dad I know. I'm really sorry. I just forgot and-"

He cut me off.

"Honey. You need to listen to me. I really want you to think about what your priorities are. I know you really want to go to Harvard to be with Noah, but is that it? Do you really want to go to school there? Or are you too afraid of loosing someone you love. Like your mother."

I gulped. Saliva trickled down my throat. I didn't really know what to say. I just stood there, not saying anything.

"Elle. Elle?", said my dad.

For some reason I just started crying. I probably looked like a six year old who's ice cream cone had just fallen on the ground.

My dad rushed over and gave me a huge teddy bear hug.

"I love you.", he whispered into my ear.

"I just want you to be happy with your life and not regret anything later."

Sobbing, I tried to explain to him that I did really want to go to Harvard and not just because my sexy boyfriend happened to be going there too.

"Alright. Well why don't you get some sleep. Huh?", said my dad.

"Okay. Goodnight dad.", I replied.

--------

That night I couldn't fall asleep. I stayed awake all night tossing and turning thinking about Dad, Lee, and Noah. I didn't want to disappoint any of them. I started to imagine leaving Noah behind again and going to Berkley with Lee. Then I remembered how I felt the day I said goodbye to Noah at the airport before he left for Harvard. Tears rolled down my cheek. Just thinking about Noah leaving me again made me want to scream. What on earth was I going to do?

I took out my phone to check the time. 3:15am. Jeez! I had been tossing and turning for six hours! I decided to watch a video on YouTube to get my mind off everything before I went to sleep. As I unlocked my phone I noticed a text message. As I opened IMessage, that's when I realized who is was from. Marco.

***Hey guys! Thanks for reading this chapter. I hoped you all enjoyed it! As always, comment any suggestions or things you want me too add into the story. Elle's final college decision is coming up soon, so stay tuned! Where do you think she's going to end up choosing? Berkley with Lee or Harvard with Noah?***