Chapter 9 - A Genius Plan!

The next few weeks flew by in the blink of an eye!! Before I knew it, August had rolled around and it was time to say goodbye Los Angeles and hello Boston! It still terrified me to think that I would be moving to the opposite side of the country in just a few days! But I knew that it would be ok because I had my amazing boyfriend Noah, and my bestie Lee by my side.

I never thought it would be that difficult to pack for college but boy, was it ever! It was even harder then packing for the Beach House! Which was always my dreaded nightmare every year!

There was so much to do and so little time! I would be leaving for Boston in just a few days and I still hadn't finished packing my suitcase! At least I wasn't alone though. Lee hadn't finished packing either. I guess he was having trouble too.

Sadly, Noah wasn't going to be flying out with us because he had to go 2 weeks early to do football training for the upcoming season. So it would just be Lee and I on the plane. But Noah said he was going to meet us at the airport and drive us to the Harvard campus. Thank god!! Without Noah's guidance, we would probably get lost, knowing Lee and I.

I continued packing until I heard a knock on the door.

"Knock Knock Knock", I heard Lee say from behind the door.

"What's the magic password", I said teasing him.

"Hmmmmm Dance!!", he said.

"You may come in", I said in a terrible British accent.

"What's up!", he asked.

"Ehh nothing much. Just trying to finish up packing."

"Jeeez from the look of your room I was going to say you were recovering from a tornado!!", he said laughing.

"Yeah right! Very funny. Anyways it's not like your room doesn't look like this either."

"True!"

"So, how's Rachel!", I asked in a sad tone.

"I bet she's really going to miss you while you gone."

Unfortunately, the same thing happened to Lee and Rachel this year as it did to me and Noah last year. Rachel was going to a college in San Diego. Lee was crushed that he wouldn't be going to the same school as his girlfriend, but Noah and I tried to reassure him that it would be alright. I honestly was a little worried though, their relationship hadn't been in the greatest shape ever since Lee told Rachel he was going to Harvard. But I'm sure it was just a faze and she'd get over it sooner or later.

"Yeah.", Lee replied with a frown on his face.

"She still thinks that I only am going to Harvard so I can be with you. But I've tried explaining to her that that's not true. Plus even if I wasn't going to Harvard, I'd be going to Berkley not San Diego. I mean yeah, you & Noah, that's part of it but the reason I want to go is because of their great science program."

Lee was interested in becoming some sort of biology researcher. He was in fact the best Bio kid in our school.

"Awww I'm sure everything will be okay.", I said trying to comfort him.

"You guys are having a goodbye lunch tomorrow, right? You should get her something special. To show her that you love her."

"Yeah, that's a great idea. But what should I get her?? Flowers? No. That's too basic."

"How about a neckless?", I suggest.

"I mean I guess that could work but I want to get her something really special, something that'll remind her of how much I love her", he says.