Chapter 9: Hazel

"DON'T, say that

"DON'T, say that."

____________________________________________________________________________

             When Katie, Connor, and I sat down at the Hufflepuff table, everybody was staring at us, so me, Hazel Levesque, the girl who developed social anxiety, avoided eye contact and started at the Slytherin table, where Piper, CC, Nico, and Thalia who were causing an uproar of laughs for some reason. I turned around briefly to look at the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor tables. Annabeth, Leo, and Travis were talking about something smart, and Frank, Jason, and Percy were probably socializing, and becoming more and more popular by the second.  All at the same time where Katie, Connor, and I were acting like outsiders and misfits.  Probably because we looked like murderers, courtesy to Coach Hedge, who gave us a talk about being intimidating, and Hufflepuffs aren't very known for being murderers. 

                All jokes aside, we basically spent the whole dinner watching our friends being popular, and funny, and whatever else they're being.  That's when Dumbledore started to talk, "This years's DADA teacher resigned, so would it be okay if a few exchange students taught the class?" He asked, everyone was silent.  "I don't wanna do it!"  Percy whined.  "Yeah same, we're tired." Annabeth added.  "There's only one way to settle this." Jason suggested. 

              "Three...two...one..NOT IT!!!"  Thankfully, us Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw demigods saw it coming, so we ducked under the table screaming NOT IT as loud as we could, attracting attention from everybody around us.  Sadly, the Slytherin people completely ignored everything we said, and looked around confused.  "What's going on?" Nico asked dumbly.  Piper caught my eye and screamed, "NOT IT!!! HAHAHA YOU GUYS HAVE TO DO IT!!!! YES!!!!!!" She cheered.  Dumbledore chuckled, "Alright, it seems like Nico Di Angelo, Thalia Grace, and CC will be teaching DADA this year." We slowly came out from under the table and continued dinner.  Everyone looked at us weirdly.  "What?  It's how we settle things all the time!" Connor protested.  They just shrugged and went back to eating.  

             "I swear, this trip is going to be the death of us all if they're teaching." Katie joked.

"DON'T, say that." I said, lowering my voice.