Chapter 12

3rd Person POV

            The next day or so was spent scrambling for partners.  You may think, that since most of the demigods had significant others on the visit, it would be alright, but no, it was very painfully complicated.  Here are the asking out stories from ever pair, starting from the least complicated stories.

           First up, was Hazel and Frank, it was in Professor Binns, who was busy being boring.  Hazel was doodling on a piece of parchment when something poked her arm.  She glanced down at her arm, there was a small piece of paper from Frank. We're going to the dance thing together right? She read in her head. She looked back at him and gave him a thumbs up. That was it, with no confusion or conversation.
            Next was very very surprising, Nico and Thalia. "Come with me to the dance so I don't look like an idiot, just as friends." They said at the exact same time. "Remember to wear black." They added, shaking hands and going opposite directions. Very simple.
           Leo and CC went together, but they came across it a little different. "CC!" Leo whined, she looked up from her Iris Message. "What do you want?" She asked, cutting through the connection. "Will you go to the dance with me? Our boyfriend and girlfriends can't come, and it wouldn't look good if we didn't have dates." Leo asked, a little whiny. "First of all, sure thing. Second of all, please don't set everything on fire."
           Draco, Luna, Neville, and Ginny were debating on who to go with in the Room of Requirement. "If Luna and I go together, we'll be happy, but everyone's be suspicious." Draco reasoned. "And I'm suppose to be dating Harry, but I want to go with Neville." Ginny added. "You know what? This is our last year, we're leaving in a couple of months, I say we do what we want to do, and later just make up some lame excuse or something later." Luna piped up, and they all agreed.
          Harry was pretty upset when he asked Ginny to the ball, and she replied with, "Sorry Harry, but I'm going with someone else." So he gathered up his courage and went to ask Luna, who he was sure wouldn't have a partner, but when he asked, she just replied with, "Sorry, I'm going with someone else." Next he was probably going to be the only person without a date other than Malfoy.
          "Hey Annie, do you want to-" "What did you say?" Annabeth interrupted, taking her earbud out.  "I said do you-" "Am I going to like what you're about to ask?" "Yes, I meant, we'regoingtotheballtogether-?" He said in one breath.  "Yes, I'm pretty sure..." Leaving her in confusion.
          "Hey Pipes." "Hey." "We're going to the ball together right? "I think so." "I saw you talking to that Slytherin guy earlier."  Piper shut her laptop.  "What did you say?" "I said, 'I saw you talking to that Slytherin guy earlier.'" She glared at her.  "So what?" "I'm your boyfriend!" "So I can't have guy friends?" "Well, no-" "That's all I needed to hear, no Jason ,I will not be going to the ball with you."

(A/N I reread this and I'm cringing, sorry...)