XXIX.

Jai
Los Angeles, California
The next day

I walked inside my shop and greeted everyone with a 'good morning'.

I looked around trying to see if she came to work yet but she didn't.

"Did Kiara come yet?" I asked Jonathan

He rolled his eyes "You know that girl ain't come to work yet. She's always late."

I shook my head and walked to the back to my office. I sat my bag down in the chair in the corner and sat down at my desk.

I sighed and laid my head down.

After a few minutes a knock was made at the door before Jonathan walked in.

He raised a eyebrow "You okay? What's up?"

I gave him a forced smile "I'm okay."

He read my face and sat down "Girl I've been you're bestfriend since college, you can't lie to me."

I sighed "You know Ayla's second birthday is coming up and I was going to tell her about Lex."

"Mhm." He nodded

"But Chanel convinced me to just tell Lex the truth."

"Okay, what's the problem? You're scared?"

"Very." I put my head in my hands

"Jai, girl this is a lot you're about to deal with but it's for the best. Ayla need Lex in her life and Lex can't go on living life knowing she have a beautiful babygirl around here."

I nodded "I know, I know."

"So when do you plan on telling her?"

"Sometime this week. I don't want to wait after Ayla's birthday. It's already damn near two years since I seen her."

"I know. Do you have her number?"

"Yeah, Chanel gave it to me this morning."

"Okay, call her tonight but don't tell her about Ayla over the phone. Make her at least agree to going to lunch with you then you tell her then."

I nodded "Will do, thank you so much John. I don't know what I would without you."

"Girl, I don't know either." He laughed

He stood up from his chair "Oh and Kiara is here."

"Tell her to come in please."

"I hope you fire her ass." He mumbled walking out

Kiara soon walked into my office "Hey."

"Sit down, please."

She sat down "Look, I'm sorry I've been late-

"Kiara you're always late."

"I know but I was just so busy this morning especially because dealing with my girlfriend."