Start of the Holy Grail War

Shirou POV

"Do you think you could fix it Emiya" a male with dark blue hair and eyes who also wore glasses asked me as he showed me a broken heater.

"Sure but you have to get the fuck out" I told him as I pointed to the door

"Ok I will but you should fix your language" he said to me while pushing up his glasses

"Why the fuck should I" I asked him as I looked him in the eyes

"Because you are a second year and set an example for the first years, so your use of swear words will have an impact on them" he answered my question with

"By that logic wouldn't Taiga set an example for what adults should be, yet how come she doesn't have that type of impact on students"

"Because unlike Fujimura-sensei you are able to maintain you time and help out others" he told me as he seemed to not want to compare me and her and to be honest I didn't either. I just did it to fight back against his argument.

"Even so I am not the type of person anyone should ever think of becoming" I said to him as he seemed to have wanted to say more but saw that I needed to get this done and decided to leave the room.

"You should think more highly of yourself" he said with concern in his voice as he left the room

The one who had just left the room is Issei Ryuudou, he is the student council president of Homurahara Academy. He is also the youngest son of the head priest of Ryuudou Temple. Basically he is the definition of a straight laced student council president.

He would have never normally accept my behavior but he does because of two facts. One is that I have been his only friend for all of highschool as he has been mine so he has gotten used to me and my personality. Two is that I also help people or clubs around the school constantly even with my annoyance towards them. So with those two facts he thinks of me as a nice kind of guy with just a bad habit of swearing.

Also he likes to do a little challenge of trying to make me speak nice to people but has failed every single time he did it. Even though he failed every single time he still likes to persist with it again and again. The amount of determination he has towards changing my speech is surprising. Though I guess I have even more determination to try and become a hero, even with how idiotic it sounds to me.

But I pushed all those thoughts away as I started to grab the broken heater and do what I do.

"Trace on" I chanted as I closed my eyes and felt the familiar feeling of one of my magical circuits being used.

I had now saw the inner structure of the heater itself and had begun checking areas to see any problems.

As I had found a problem with it I had remembered where it was as I kept checking the heater with magic. Finally as I finished checking through the heater I deactivated my magic circuits and started to fix it.

What I had just done was a very basic magecraft that anyone remotely involved in magic could do. It is so simple mages just find it useless and just give up on using it.

The reason I use magic like that is the simple fact that it is the only magic I could do. Well I can also use projection magic but it is considered even more useless than my reinforcement magic so I gave up on it to focus on my reinforcement.

I had just finished the repairs of the heater as I put on some electrical tape and had grabbed it to bring to Issei.

I opened the door and set the heater down as it seemed Issei was in an argument with the girl who was leaving.