Chapter 3

"Let's do this." Solar looked at Moonbyul. She was focused on the determination on her face. It made her feel safer knowing that Moonbyul was confident.

"Are you sure we can do this?" Hwasa asked. Solar looked at Moonbyul, again, admiring her face and her expressions.

"Of course we can! Byul's confident in this and I trust her. We can do this." Moonbyul smiled at her, making Solar feel warm inside.

"It's not going to be easy, of course. But I believe in all of you. We've gone through hell and back. The world rests in our hands."

"Wow. No Pressure." Wheein bit her lip.

"Shh!" Solar shushed her, trying to listen to Moonbyul's speech.

"Damn, chill." Wheein sighed.

"But we're not going to disappoint them. We're MAMAMOO, we're known to never disappoint."

"Why are you giving a speech like we're going to go into battle right now?" Hwasa raised her eyebrow.

"Because I don't know when they're gonna attack. Might as well do it now, right?"

"Well... what's the plan?"

"For now, gather others to join us."

Solar couldn't sleep. It's been at least three weeks since they started living in Moonbyul's secret lab, each of them having their own rooms. Questions and worries were occupying her mind, making it impossible for her to fall asleep. What if their guns don't work? What if one of them dies? What they all die? Wouldn't it be better if they didn't fight at all?

After a few minutes, she got up and out of her room. It was 3 in the morning so she expected the rest of her members to be asleep.

She slowly opened one of the doors, seeing Moonbyul peacefully sleeping on her bed. But the sound of the door opening woke her up. She sat up immediately, only to see Solar standing there.

"Ddunie?" She got up. "What's wrong?"

"I can't sleep."

"Ah." Moonbyul gently pulled her inside and closed the door.

"I know I should probably be more confident in what we're going to do but I can't help but be scared... I said I had confidence but I don't. I'm worried. What if we don't make it out alive?"

"Hey." Moonbyul lifted her head with her index finger. "I get it. This is undoubtedly the worst thing we've ever been through. Even I have my doubts when it comes to this. I even wanted to give up at one point. But at least this way, we have a chance to survive. We have a chance to help. If we don't do anything, we're definitely going to die, and the same goes for a lot of other people we love, and I can't let that happen. It may be a suicide mission but we're definitely not going to get through this if we don't try." Solar sighed.

"I don't want to die."

"I don't want to either. And I'm sure Wheein and Hyejin feel the same way. So scared or not, let's just... get through this, okay?" She smiled softly. Solar's heart skipped a beat. That simple smile got rid of her fears and doubts. If Moonbyul's confident, then Solar has confidence in her. Instead of replying, she laid her head on Moonbyul's shoulder and wrapped her arms around her waist.

"Thank you for doing everything in your power to help others... and us." Moonbyul smiled and hugged her back.

"Thank you for cooperating. I can't just stand and watch innocent people die." They let go of each other, but Solar didn't take her eyes away from her. "Alright... It's really late and you should probably get some rest." Solar nodded and followed her to bed. Moonbyul got in first, then Solar followed, laying her head on Moonbyul's chest.