Chapter 5

"So they're not coming back?" Moonbyul shook her head.

"It's understandable. Losing someone that close to you isn't easy. It's a miracle that none of us got injured during the fight." Solar sighed.

"Actually..." Moonbyul pulled the collar of her shirt, exposing a part of her shoulder. "A bullet grazed me here, but I'm fine." There was a bandage around it, but it still bled through. Solar gasped and got up, investigating it immediately.

"When'd you get it?"

"I don't really remember."

"Ugh... Byul, be careful next time please."

"I'll try my best. Sorry." She looked at Hwasa. "How are you feeling?"

"A little better. I felt like I was getting revenge when I was shooting them. It's what they fucking deserved."

"What happened?" Solar asked. Moonbyul pat her back.

"I'm really thankful towards him, honestly." Hwasa smiled. "We wouldn't have known they were here if he hung up. I just can't believe that I'm never going to see him again."

"Even though he died, he's the reason why we found out what happened. I guess he's basically our hero."

"Who?"

"My boyfriend." Wheein and Solar gasped.

"Sorry that I didn't tell the rest of you. I rushed to tell Byul Unnie and she prepared us for battle so I never got the chance to say anything."

"Hyejin..." Wheein frowned.

"No, don't say anything. We don't really have the time or the energy to mourn." They reluctantly nodded before leaving the room to have dinner.

Moonbyul stared at the ceiling. She couldn't sleep but it didn't really bother her. The door opened again, and she looked to see who it was. It was Solar, who couldn't sleep either.

"Can't sleep?" Solar nodded. "Come here." She joined Moonbyul in her bed and laid her head on her chest.

"Thank you for saving me earlier."

"Don't space out next time."

"Sorry."

"It's fine. It wasn't that big of a problem anyway. Just don't do it again."

"It was scary."

"I know."

"I never want to do that again."

"I don't either."

"I thought I was going to die."

"I did too, don't worry."

"By the way, you looked really cool out there." Moonbyul looked down at her and started combing Solar's hair with her fingers.

"Really?"

"Yeah, like an action movie star. Like James Bond." She laughed and pat her back.

"Then I'll continue looking cool for you."

"You're so greasy." They giggled.

"Let me be. Be honest, you like it when I do that." Moonbyul raised her eyebrows.

"Ew, no." Solar cringed. Moonbyul sighed.

"You're having trouble sleeping so for now, clear your head. I'll wait for you to go to sleep." Solar nodded and shortly after, she fell asleep.

"It's going to be harder now." Moonbyul stretched on the couch. "It's just the four of us against them. They haven't left because their job is technically not over."