Chapter 18: Ending 2

Moon Byulyi (former member of MAMAMOO) Dead at 35

It has been confirmed that MAMAMOO's Moonbyul died after killing the leader of Armageddon, saving her group and others around the world.

Wheein put her phone away after reading the news headlines.

It trended wolrdwide on twitter and other social media platforms.

1. #ThankYouMoonbyul
2. #OurMoonAndStar
3. #OurStarMoonbyul
4. #Moonbyul
5. #RIPMoonbyul

Even those who used to hate on her and her group members wrote messages on how she was a hero.

Hwasa put her hand on Wheein's shoulder before hugging her.

"Unnie." Solar was still looking at the shrine and Moonbyul's picture. "Unnie." She looked behind her.

"Yeah?"

"Let's go home."

The ride home was as silent as the day she died.

Hwasa parked her car at Solar's apartment and sighed. The rest of them got out of the car and slowly walked to the apartment without saying a word to each other.

They looked around the apartment. It's been a week since any of them went into it. They've been sleeping and living in Hwasa's apartment, knowing they didn't want to be alone.

Solar picked up the pillow on Moonbyul's side of the bed and hugged it while crying. Wheein and Hwasa decided to leave her alone for now, knowing she needs space.

"Do you want something to eat?" Wheein asked.

"No." Hwasa looked down. She sat down next to her.

"Byul Unnie is a hero, isn't she?" Hwasa nodded.

"She finally got what she deserves. Positive recognition around the world."

"What... what do you think she would do if she was here right now?"

"Jump. Happily. You know, those little happy jumps she does."

"I'm aware." Wheein chuckled. "But while we're mourning..?"

"Whenever I think of Byul Unnie, I think of when I saw her sitting up in a pool of blood with burns all over her. So I'd rather think of the things she did when she was happy."

"I think she'd make fun of us for crying while crying herself." Wheein chuckled, wiping ghe tears that came out of her eyes. "I'm glad she died peacefully. Well, not glad she died but because we stayed calm in front of her instead of breaking down crying. She would've had a hard time if we were all just losing it in front of her."

"Yongsun Unnie, especially. I thought she was going to lose it the minute I saw Byul Unnie."

"I almost lost it."

"If you did, Yongsun Unnie would've lost it too. Which makes us a pretty strong group, don't you think?" Wheein smiled.

"Of course. Not everyone can keep their cool while someone they love and care for is dying right in front of them."

"Wait, isn't their 5th anniversary coming up soon?"

"Yeah... on the 26th."

"Should we do something?"

"We're just going to make Yongsun Unnie cry." Wheein sighed. "I'm sure any thought of Byul Unnie hurts right now." Hwasa nodded.

"And this place is filled with them."