Chapter 11

"What?"

"It's on the news. They're in South Korea again, but not in Seoul."

"Are they far from us?" She nodded. "Alright. For now, stay here. I'll go get everything ready. I don't know when they'll be here so I'd say we have around 3 days to get ready."

Moonbyul walked into the gym. Solar was against her working out during her recovery period so she would work out secretly.

Unlike what the rest of her members believe, she hasn't gotten weaker since the time she got shot. She hasn't lost her touch. She held onto a pull-up bar and started doing pull-ups. From two arms, she switched to just her right arm, then her left, then back to two. She repeated this over and over again until she got tired.

She continued working out, only having one thing on her mind. Keeping her members protected. Even if she had to exert herself to do better, even if she was out of energy, even if she had to die, as long as they were okay, she didn't care.

"Have you seen Byul?" Solar asked Hwasa.

"I think she's in the gym." She nodded and grabbed a bottle of water.

She opened the door to the gym and blushed. Byul was bench pressing, sweat was trickling down her arms and her face. Her back was stained with sweat. She had a sleeveless shirt and a hat on.

"B-Byul." She turned around.

"Hey, Ddunie!"

"I-I got you some water."

"Ah, thanks." She was panting. Water dripped off her chin as she drank, then when she was done, she wiped it off. "Were you here to give me water or do you have something to tell me?"

"What are we going to do about the people that live in the areas we can't reach at the moment? You said we have three days to get ready... so what about the people who get hurt or die while we're not there?" Moonbyul sighed.

"I was thinking of that too. It kind of stresses me out because at the time, my main goal was to help everyone. But they didn't take a break when they left Korea and we couldn't save those who aren't near."

"So we're just going to..."

"Let it happen."

"But... all those people."

"I know. I want to help, I really do. But once I'm done preparing, we'll go."

"I hate the fact that I can't help..."

"I do too." Solar leaned in to hug her but Moonbyul stepped back. "I'm covered in sweat, I don't think you want to-" Solar didn't care and wrapped her arms around her waist.

"You smell like sweat." Moonbyul chuckled.

"I warned you."

The next three days were busy. Moonbyul was working hard in her lab, producing different kinds of weapons, making protective gear that wouldn't be heavy or noticeable, using past mistakes to fix old technology or make new technology.

"Ddun, put this on." She handed her a mask.

"We already have one though?"

"It's different. It's more effective and it's lightweight."

"Kind of reminds me of the masks we used during the pandemic."

"Kind of like that, but more efficient." Solar put it on. "Can you breathe?" Solar breathed in and out.