Chapter 18: Ending 1

"Unnie, we'll stay with you tonight." Solar nodded and opened the door to their apartment. Her footsteps felt heavy, every step she took inside gave her a different memory of Moonbyul.

"Unnie, are you okay?" Wheein put her hand on Solar's shoulder. She stopped walking and started feeling dizzy. She suddenly collapsed, making Hwasa and Wheein panic. "Unnie!" They shook her.

"Should we call an ambulance?" Hwasa asked.

"Please."

"Where am I?" Solar looked around.

"Ddun!" She turned around.

"Byul? Why are you here..?"

"Can I not? I'm sure I live in your mind rent free." She winked. "You're dreaming. Guess we really did meet in our dreams after all, huh?" She chuckled.

"I don't want to wake up..." She hugged her.

"You have to... Hyejin and Wheein are waiting for you." She kissed her forehead.

"But-"

"Unnie!" Solar opened her eyes. "Hyejin, she woke up!"

"Where am I..?"

"At a hospital. You passed out so we called an ambulance and brought you here. The doctor said you'll be okay if you rest and that we can go home once you're awake." She sat up and sighed.

"I dreamt of Byul." They both froze. "She was just being herself and it made me think of how much I miss her. She's not going to be by my side anymore." Wheein held her hand but didn't say anything as she cried. "I miss her so much and it hasn't even been a day since it happened..."

"I'm sure that wherever Byul Unnie is, she misses you too."

"I know. I know she doesn't want me to feel horrible for the rest of my life either." Wheein nodded.

"I know it's hard, but it's best to let it all out now. If you keep it in, it'll be harder to accept." Solar smiled and nodded.

"Thank you, Wheein."

One Year Later

"I just want to visit that place again." Wheein looked down. "You know, because I'm dying and all." Hwasa frowned.

"Stop making jokes about that!"

"Well, I did inhale a lot of toxic gas. Good thing you guys took me to the hospital when I fainted. At least I know now." Solar shook her head and sighed.

"What place are you talking about?"

"You know..."

The elevator doors opened.

"Wow, this place doesn't look abandoned at all." Wheein looked around Moonbyul's lab.

"Right? It's still really nice." Hwasa and Wheein went into the kitchen while Solar stayed in the lab. She sat down on the chair and turned the computers on, suddenly remembering Moonbyul rolling around in the chair while waiting for something to print.

"Is this working?" Solar turned around and saw a video of Moonbyul working by herself. "Alright." She cleared her throat. "Hello. I'm Moon Byulyi and this is Day 1 of creating the ultimate weapon that'll get rid of Armageddon for good!" She made explosion sounds then laughed. "I'm only recording to check if the recording equipment still works and from what I see, it does! Wowww!" She clapped.

"Cute..." Solar smiled, continuing to watch the first video.

"And... I finished the first part! I have to go soon though because my wife gets upset when I'm not home. She misses me too much, seriously! What is she gonna do if I die?" She chuckled.