sixteen

I wake up at 10 am, only four hours sleep lucky me. I get out of bed and quickly get dressed. I go downstairs and my mum is already preparing dinner. I get some bread and make a sandwich. I go into the living room and watch tv.

"Need any help" I ask my mum going back into the kitchen

"No thank you. Your aunt will be here in an hour to help, so no swearing, no talk about drugs, alcohol or anything you used to do" she says

"Mkay, I'll try but no promises" I walking out

My aunt Jackie is very religious, like a few others of my family. Everything is a sin to her. She's forced the beliefs onto my cousins. My eldest cousin Jack believes it all and does everything she says, however her daughter Emma seems like she doesn't like it but doesn't want to say anything. I feel bad for her, we we're best friends until I started to misbehave and Jackie didn't want her seeing me anymore.

I sit in the living room watching the tv and texting people. The door bell goes and I go answer the door. Its only Ava coming back with groceries. I help her unpack then the doorbell goes again.

"Hello Kaden nice to see you" Jackie says walking into my house

"You too" I say taking her coat and putting it in the closet

She goes into the kitchen and starts helping my mum, we all go into the living room. I sit next to Emma, we watch tv in silence. The rest of our family slowly arrives. I get a lot of questions about school and how its been and I give short and quick answers.

"Dinners ready" my mum shouts

We all go into the dinning room and the adults sit around one table and the kids around another. One of my aunts make us say grace then we start to eat. We finish and talk while we wait for desert.

"So what's it like" One of my younger cousins asks

"What is what like" I ask

"drinking and being bad" he asks

"Tommy shush you know that's a sin" His older sister says

"Well Tommy, it's fun and amazing" I say just to annoy her. I see some of the adults look at me weirdly "Imam skip desert, wanna come with" I ask turning to Emma and she nods her head.

I take her to my room and she looks at all of the posters of rappers and various famous people on my wall. I turn my tv on and start playing music, I sit on my bed and go on my phone.

"How do you get away with all this" she asks "I can even swear and I'm almost 16"

"I dont know honestly, my mum kinda gave up, plus your mum is too strict" I say

"I know, I hate it. I want to tell her no but I just cant" she says

"You just have to do what makes you happy. Weather that's what you do or what you say or what you wear" I say "Dont give a shit about what your mum ever says or thinks"

"I cant though she so judgmental, I once said something about Maddison Bailey and she sent me to a Christian summer camp to try and take the gay out of me" she says "It didn't work"

"Wait, are you gay" I ask kinda shocked. Kinda thought it would be a different cousin but oh well.

"Well yeah but no" she says "I'm bi and I have a girlfriend. If my mum ever finds out I'm dead"

"I hope one day your able to tell your mum. I'm always here if you need me" she was always my favourite cousin.

We get called downstairs. I get roped into spending time with my family that practically hates me, and I get forced to watch the younger kids. I get bored so I tell Ava to look after them. I go back to my room and chill. My phone goes off, I pick it up and its a text from Esther.

Esther
Come meet us all at the park

Kaden
Oh so your talking to me now

Esther
Please just come to the park
For Payton

Kaden
I'll be their in 10

I get somethings before climbing out of my window. I walk to the park and stop and the shop to get an energy drink. I get their and no one was their. I sit on the swing and not too long after Esther and Payton arrive. I give Payton a hug and ignore Esther.

"I know your mad at me and I'm sorry" she says and carry on ignoring her "I felt like I was being replaced by Payton, you got really close and told him things you didn't tell me"

"Esther I could never replace you" I say "I didn't tell you because you were to drunk all the time and I need some actual advice. No need to get jealous"

"I wasn't jealous" she scoffs

"Yeah right" I laugh pulling her into a hug. We sit on the swings with Payton on the floor. Kai arrives. Jamie stays home with her family.

"So glad I could get out of the house" Kai says as he sits down

"Same her, I swear my family hates me" I says

"I'm sure they don't" Payton says

"Oh they do, most of the are very religious. Therefore everything I did was a sin and they hate me" I say

"Apart from your mum" Esther says

"Yeah I just drove her insane" I laugh

We sit at the park and talk for a while. Kai starts rolling a joint, it gets passed around then it gets to me. I hesitate and look at Payton before taking a hit, Payton give me a weird look.

"What I said I would stop drinking I never said anything about this" I say and he laughs shaking his head

"You've got a point" he says

"At least she's not completely gone" Kai jokes

"Have some" I say handing it to Payton and he shakes his head "your missing out" I say passing it back to Kai

"Not missing out on much" he says

We finish that one, the the others have one but I don't. I climb to the top of the playhouse and look at the starts. I hear someone come up and it's Kai. He sits next to me and we start talking. He goes to kiss me but I move away.

"You like him don't you" he says looking down and them

"I don't know, I thinks so" I say and he looks at me "Yeah I do"

"Does he like you" he asks

"Yeah, but we know I don't do relationships. I don't want to hurt him" I say

"You'll figure it out. You always do" he says before getting down.

I get down not too long after, I decide to home because it's late. I sneak back in through my window, everyone's gone by now. I get ready for bed and fall asleep listening to music.

A/n: hey, hi, hello how are you
I don't like this one that much