Prologue

Watching carefully through the trees, I see him sitting still in the rocking chair, going back and forth on his small front porch. As time begins to pass, I've seen him read, stare, nap, and even sing, but the thing I wanted the most was the dagger. I knew it would be difficult to get, I'd been watching him for weeks, trying to figure out the best way to get it.

I had finally discovered where he kept it, his garage, which had a very powerful spell placed over it. But, today was my lucky day, early this morning I watched as he pocketed the dagger, placing it in his front right pocket. I was excited, hoping he would take his walk through the woods soon, that I would be able to grab it quick, but it felt like years had passed before he finally stood up.

Stretching slightly he begin to make his way to his well worn path, and I followed as stealthily as I could. Finally his made it to the cross road, where I had the upper hand. Carefully, and swiftly I jumped in front of him, blocking his path.

He just stands there, not looking very impressed. "Young man," his voice firm, "move." shaking my head no, I reach my hand out.

"You have a nice dagger there," I nod towards his pocket, "give it to me." He raises his wild grey eyebrow at me, shaking his head he smirks slightly.

"I'm not going to do that," he gives me a quick look over as I glare at him.

"I don't want to hurt you." I say truthfully, but he laughs in response.

"I had a dream about you, so you might not want to hurt me but you're going to hurt a lot more people in the long run." I press my lips together as he continues,"Your poor sister, she has so much faith in you." He knows he's hitting a nerve, and he's enjoying every second of it.

"Give me the goddamn dagger!" My voice raising slightly. He chuckles before tries to continue his walk. 

I feel the rage begin to bubble in my chest, my heart beats faster and faster, and the blood rushes through my ears. My vision gets hazy, and its as if the world was washed in red. I don't know how I did it, all I know is he's on the ground and I'm holding the ruby dagger. I spit on the man before taking off in the other direction, I hear him yell as I weave through the trees, trying to be as difficult as possible. As time goes on my body begins feeling weaker, and I know I'm trying to break through his protection spell. 

Now I'm stumbling through the trees, hoping he is no longer following me. I clutch the dagger to my chest, as if my life depends on it as I continue through the forest. After miles I've broken through his spell, and I can see the slight iridescent glow of the other protection spell, it goes for miles and miles and I can't help but to smirk.

Turning my back to the spell I begin carving in the dirt with my new blade. The daggers ruby encrusted handle gleams as the moonlight hits it just right.

I fumble around, carving the runes deep into the ground. I silently carve the star, connecting all the runes to each other and I can't help but to admire my handy work.

Bringing myself to my feet I raise my hands towards the sky, my gaze locks with a star and I can't but to think of Aether. Shaking the thought out of my head I start to bring my focus back to the task at hand, the summoning.

I begin reciting the words in my head, making sure every word is clear and strong. I open my eyes, spreading my arms as I make my way around the runes.

My vision becomes hazed with red as I mumble the ancient summoning spell, my mark burns as I start to chant out loud.

"Balphamae" it's barely a whisper, but the star seems to pulse as I continue.

"Nocturna Astrahnae Sohna Tae-A" I dance around, my hands in a sweeping motion as I continue.

"Estu Alluminae" I whisper, the air once cool now begins to feel hot and sticky as I make my way to every rune.

"Estro Mhakalash Kala Naztromae" looking up at the stars I can't help but to almost laugh, it's working.

"Ez Un Nhastro" the air around me feels as if it's sweeping in the same motion I am. It follows my every move as I dance around the star.

"Ez Un Tumeahna" My body begins feeling drained, but its as if I've been caught in a jinx and I can't stop my bodies movement.

"Ez Un Bahlo" a thin layer of sweat covers my body as I push through.

"Ez Un Tumhae Allash- Ahna" the words feel harsh and almost sharp as they leave my lips, slicing through the air.

"Ez Un Histae Ezhon Infernum" I close my eyes, feeling the sense of urgency slowly fade.

"Rhana Mheso Ezhon Tu-Ahtta" my urgency to get this done fades with every word, every sentence, as I near the end of the ritual.

"E Na E Nu Ahna Nocturna" the power of my words feel as if they are pulsing around me as I speak.

"E Na E Nu Ahna Infernum Ahtta" I take a deep breath before continuing around the circle, the dirt seems to compact under my feet.

"E na E Nu Ahna Sola-rhan Eternae" the stars look to be glowing a little brighter as I raise my face towards the sky.

"Nocturna Vhalash Ahna" As I near the end of the chant my body begins to slow, but I can still hear the rushing of my own blood in my ears.

"E sa E Nu Halumaesu Tallash-Le-Vhanna" As I near the top point of the star I begin to look over the rune, the rune here was the most complex, and the one I needed to be the most precise with.

"Sohla Mhae Ahna Nocturna " I spoke the last line as loud and clear as possible. Now I raise the dagger from the ground and hold it to my palm.

I take a deep breath as I hold the dagger to my palm, in one swift movement my blood is spilling from the small wound. The blood drips from my palm slowly onto the symbols etched into the dirt. After the fifth drop the symbols pulse a bright red color, I throw my arm over my eyes as the color begins to get more intense.

A crack echoes across the entire forest, a dust cloud sweeping across the clearing. "What the fuck" I cough out as I attempt to sweep the dust out of my face. Looking up I see a huge shadow looming over me. I'm startled at first, he looks way taller than the average man.

"You have summoned me." his deep voice rattles off the trees, powerful, he's definitely powerful. The dust slowly starts to settle, but not enough to see him just enough to see the outline of his six foot frame.

"I have, I need your help," the shadow takes a step towards me, just enough that I can see him raise a brow, "I have a mission, I need you to help me uncover a power source, but we only have one opportunity before we would have to wait another year." I'm practically shaking with anticipation as he takes time to ponder my words.

He takes another step forward to reveal the grey of his skin, and I can't help but to shudder, he radiates strength.

I toss him a shirt and some sweats as he continues to think. It's as if he wants to be as difficult as possible. Maybe he can sense my urgency to get this done and just wants to be an ass.

"What's in it for me?" he asks and I smirk.

"Blood, Azazel, blood."