The Moon.

His glow irradiated off of him, his outer worldly features still stunning you as his feminine arms held you in a light grasp.  With your face in his bosom, you felt yourself become angry, hurt and decieved.  how dare he hide this from you?

'no, you're not just a demon. you're a liar.'  you spat, pushing out of his embrace. 'Ryo, why bring me here? why even bother at all? you've turned me into a monster, for what? your own pleasure? i'm a freak so no one else will love me?' your anger turned to angst, feeling yourself be lost in the sea of emotion once more, eyes swelling, head fuzzy and hung. 

'no, no, sweets, not at all, i was making you stronger. i couldn't bare to watch you be torn to shreds when this world comes crumbling down.' his voice was still soft like silk as he pitied your broken state of mind. ' this was for the best. i may be a demon, but i was only trying to protect you from what will come.' his hand reached out to your face and was delicately placed on to your cheek, trying to console you.

'Then what will come? why is the world going to crumble? what's going to happen?' your head jerked up, looking radically with panic into his eyes.

'The Godly Overlord is not happy with me. i have not fufilled my job again and now he is out to kill me and this timeline. it is for going against his wishes of not destructing the earth. he is coming soon so i wanted to show my true colors. for i am lucifer, ruler of the underworld.' he still stared intently into your eyes, filled with an ominous seriousness. 'i'm sorry for lying about being a mortal for so long.'

'now, for these last moments in this beautiful night, (Y/N), please fly with me.' his voice  finally breaking character as he shed a singular tear.  he stood up, encouraging you to take his hand, the moonlight confirming his god-like status and appearance.

 eventually, you took it and he pulled you into a bridal style carry. soon enough, you was launched into the sky, seeing the true beauty of the earth you lived on. 

'you see, we weren't hunting for any demons at all since you had already found one' suddenly, he stopped mid air, showing all of the land you had once been on. 

looking down, you felt sick of the distance between you and the ground. you cowered into his figure, clutching onto him in fear of falling. 'so, what now? the earth is going to die per a higher being..?' 

'yes. he will shred into this timeline and take everything from me again. i cannot win against him because i always regain my memory too late. it appears it will happen again and again. it's an infinite cycle of suffering for me and it will be for you too. i'm sorry.' he said blankly, staring out at the moon, you did too.

but this wasn't the moon you was looking at, it was pieces of the moon. large chunks of the moon, coming to crush the earth. 

you both stared at the phenomenon happening before your eyes. he was right, it was already too late. there is no way to save Ryo or the earth.  

i'm sorry you couldn't save the earth, Ryo Asuka.