Chapter 1

One hand holding my Hogwarts paper, and the other pushing my cart, I hurriedly run through the muggle train station. I had my eyes out for one thing, and one thing only, platform 9 3/4. That's my one way ticket to Hogwarts, my home away from home.

I finally reach platforms 9 and 10, and look to see if any muggles are paying attention to me. When I see that none are, I hurriedly run into the secret entrance of 9 3/4.

I close my eyes before I run through the wall, and only again open them when I know that I'm through. Keeping my eyes open always seem to make me motion sick.

I let out a shaky breath. That's always my least favorite thing about Hogwarts. Of course, it wouldn't be too bad if I wasn't always rushing.

I hear the train whistle, signaling that it's about to depart. I run to the entrance, and to my luck, get through the door before it departs.

I grab my cart and begin to look for my friends. I'm in the Hufflepuff house. That's where I met my best friend, Cedric Diggory. He's the prince of the Hufflepuff house, which makes me the princess.

Then there's the 'golden trio'. Their group name has become very popular over the last few years. They have recently faced Voldemort, a dark wizard who no one names, but have yet to destroy him.

All three are in the Gryffindor house.  Harry Potter, the boy who lived, is the bravest and most known in the group. Ron Weasley, is indeed a Gryffindor. He is always there for his friends, especially when they aren't in danger. Lastly, there's Hermoine Granger, who is my girl best friend. She's the smartest out of the group. Though she's a muggle born, she's one of the most intelligent wizards I know.

After looking in a few cabins, I finally find my friends. They are use to me being late.

This is our 7th year of hogwarts. All of us are around the ages of 17-18. I was excited to start my last year, but also a little sad to leave.

I coughed as I opened the cabin door, making all of my friends jump up to greet me.

"Y/n", Hermione excitedly yelled, throwing her arms around me in a hug. Harry and Ron were next to hug me.

When we let go, I looked over to see Cedric smiling at me, waiting to individually hug me.

I laugh, "Come over here, boy!"

We both run to each other and embrace each other like we hadn't seen each other in years.

When we look over, I see Hermione and Ron give each other a look, while Harry looks down at the ground.

I choose to ask about both later.

Sitting next to Cedric, I say, "So, how was everyone's summer? What did you do?"

They all begin to tell me about their summers. Harry telling his terrible experience at the Dursley house. Hermoine explaining what she did with her muggle, dentist, parents. Ron telling a story of him and his siblings. Lastly, Cedric describing the places he traveled to.

After telling them how I spent my summer with Dumbledore, I became hungry. Since I was running late, I didn't have time to eat breakfast. I stand up and excuse myself, asking if anyone wants anything before I leave.

Ron looks my way, "Can you get me a Chocolate Frog?"

I laugh, rolling my eyes. "Of course, Ron."

I walk to a nearby cart and grab a chocolate frog for both Ron and myself. As I was about to leave, the Slytherin cabin catches my eyes. I couldn't help but feel a little drawn to take a peek inside.

I should have been in the Slytherin house, but to help hide my secret, Dumbledore put me in to the Hufflepuff house. The least suspecting house, as he liked to call it.

Everyone knew of my tragic story, or part of it. The story that everyone was told was that Dumbledore adopted me after my father brutally murdered my mother, leaving me an orphan. What they didn't know was the rest of the story, my secret.

I began to creep toward the door. To my surprise, there was a small opening. This gave me enough room to look around unnoticed, or so I thought.

I look up to meet direct eye contact with Draco Malfoy. The Slytherin prince. Malfoy is always bothering us, especially the golden trio. He hated Harry with a deep hatred. He seemed to hate him more than muggle borns.

Knowing that I spotted him, spotting me, a smirk came across his face. Without breaking eye contact he said to his minions, Crabbe and Goyle, "I'm going to the snack bar." They began to stand up with him before he added, "By myself." They quickly took their seats again.

Getting out of my trance, I started to rush back to the food cart. There was no way that Draco would let this go.

Turns out I was right. Draco came up to the cart, reaching from behind me for a green apple. Behind me, I heard him take a bite, I could feel his eyes glaring at me.

After I heard a gulp, he spoke, "Is the Hufflepuff princess bored of her boring life? Is that why you were peaking in to the Slytherian cabin?"

I turned around, realizing that we are almost face to face now. I could feel his breath on my face. He smelled like peppermint, and something else. I quickly brought myself back to the conversation.

I wanted to say cruel words to Draco, like I always wanted to when he was messing with my friends, but Dumbledore said that I must always act as a Hufflepuff. Instead I say, "Excuse me, Malfoy," and push past him.

Clearly amused by my reaction, shouts before I round the corner, "You didn't deny it, Dumbledore."

I roll my eyes, and clench my hands to my sides, trying to keep myself from putting him in his place. Little to my knowledge. Draco saw me holding myself back.