Chapter 10

All three of us sat in Snape's room. Snape was pacing around, waiting for Dumbledore to come in to his office. He had immediately separated all three of us.

I couldn't help but feel like this was the first time Draco discovered my secret. That first detention all those weeks ago. 

 I looked at him with a small smile. He saw this, and his whole face lit up. He wasn't expecting me to ever do that to him again, but how couldn't I? I think in that moment, watching his face light up, I realized that I had fallen for Draco Malfoy, the Slytherin Prince.

I look away from Draco, instead looking towards Snap's door being thrown open. Dumbledore had walked in. His eyes immediately connected with mine. I had never seen him this upset.

He walked to a now, not pacing, Snape. Snape filled him in on everything that he had witnessed.

 Dumbledore sighed, rubbing his forehead. Actions like these, were often punished by being expelled, but I knew that he wouldn't do it in this case. Especially, with me involved.

Dumbledore turned around, only making eye contact with me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Draco tense, but Dumbledore would never lay a hand on me. He wasn't like Draco's father. 

With a flick of his fingers, a small bubble appeared in the room. It was a bubble that could stop people from eavesdropping. No magic could go through it. "Y/n, may I have a word.", Dumbledore said gesturing towards the bubble.

I nodded and stood up. Draco began to stand up too, before I shook my head, and gave him a small smile. Dumbledore noticed that.

Stepping in to the bubble, Dumbledore changed the color from clear to dark blue, so no one could see us as much as they could before. They could only see the shapes of our bodies.

I look from the bubble to Dumbledore. He was very disappointed, that was for sure. "Dumbledore, I-"

He waved his hand, cutting me off. "What's going on, Y/n?" I looked down at the ground. "What does Draco have to do with it?"

I looked up, knowing that I couldn't lie to him anymore. So, I told him everything, including the part about Draco knowing that I was a Slytherin.

When I was done talking, I looked up at Dumbledore. He couldn't meet me in the eyes. "Y/n, you've put him in danger. Knowing your secrets, even if it isn't the biggest one, could get Draco killed. What if your father figured out? He would use Draco to get to you."

I sighed, looking down at the ground, I hated my father more than ever. Dumbledore continued on, gently grabbing my face to lift it back up. "Voldemort is coming, my dear. You need to distance yourself from Draco." He paused. "Before, your father kills him too."

I couldn't help it, I started to cry like I had all those years ago. When I saw my own father kill my mother. Dumbledore reached out to hold me. "But, I love him. Dumbledore, I love him!"

I fell in to him sobbing, I felt Dumbledore as he quietly cried too. He hated to see me so sad.

I stood up, wiping my eyes. "I miss her, Dumbledore."

Dumbledore knew that I was talking about my mother, who was his sister. He embraced me again. "I know, Y/n. I do too." He paused letting me  depart from the embrace again. "She made me promise to protect you, so I have to do what I have to do. End things with him, Y/n. If you love him, then let him go."

I wiped my eyes, agreeing to do as he said this time. I couldn't put Draco in any more danger than he already was. If father, I mean, Voldemort was coming, then I needed to end it.

The bubble disappeared, bringing us back to the classroom. I looked at Draco, who was ready to jump up.

Dumbledore looked at Snape, "They are dismissed."

I didn't hesitate. I ran out of Snape's classroom. I knew everyone would be in the Great Hall, so when I heard two sets of footsteps behind me. I knew who they both belonged to.

"Y/n, stop!", I heard Draco yell behind me. I felt his hands grab my wrist, making it where I couldn't keep running away. When he spun me around, he saw the tears flowing down my face, and let go. He knew what I was about to do, but he was hoping that he was wrong.

Cedric watched from behind Draco. Seeing Y/n hurt like this, hurt him.

"Please, please don't do this.", Draco's voice cracked.

"Draco, I-", he cut me off.

Almost on the verge of tears, he shouted. "Don't do this to me! We can figure it out. Fuck whatever Dumbledore told you." he gently grabbed my hands stepping closer to me. " Y/n, I love you. I should have told you earlier, but I love you."

I started to sob even more now."Draco, I can't do this anymore."

"Don't do it, Y/n. Please!,"he was crying now too.

"Draco, I don't want to see you anymore! Let me go!", I shouted at him, making him drop his hands.

Without another word, I ran from him, and I didn't stop running until I reached my bed.