Chapter 13

I stood awkwardly at the entrance. Waiting for Harry. Just as I was about to give up, I hear someone say my name.

"Y/n?", I turn around, hoping it was Draco, but it was instead Harry. I put my best smile on, hoping that Harry doesn't know that I was hoping for him to be someone else.

He looks me up and down, making me do the same to him.
"Wow, you look beautiful, Y/n.", Harry said, looking back at me.

I grab Harry's arm, "You don't look too bad yourself, Harry."

We step up to the entrance, and push open the door. Waiting for us is an announcer. The announcer looks at us, obviously excited. I know that he was probably excited to see Harry, but I still loved the attention.

He shouted towards the crowd, "Harry Potter, with his date, Y/n Dumbledore."

As we start to walk down the stairs, I look at the crowd. Everyone looks up and gasps. I hear some say, "Why is she with him? Doesn't Draco hate him?", while I also hear, "Her dress is gorgeous." I decide to focus on the last one.

I feel Harry tense besides me. I realize that I might like the attention, but I know Harry doesn't. I squeeze his arm, "It's okay, Harry. You look dashing anyways."

He looked away, blushing.

I began to look through the crowd for my friends. I saw Hermione and Ron wave at me. I then look over to see Ginny smile at me. I quickly wave at them. I find Cedric, who was with Cho Chang. She had had a crush on him for years, so I was glad to see them together. He smiled at me, and I knew that everything was alright between us again.

Lastly, I find Draco. He was glaring at Harry, but when he saw me looking, his eyes softened as we made eye contact. When we met eye contact, it was like we hadn't seen each other in years. I couldn't take my eyes off of him, and he couldn't take his eyes off of me. He looked breathtakingly handsome in his suit.

We both looked towards Pansy, who was squealing on Draco's arm. She was obviously upset with the way he was looking  at me. I look away, feeling my face turn red.

We met our friend group and danced together, until a slow song, came on. I grabbed Harry's hand, "Care to dance?"

He laughed, letting me guide him to the dance floor. While we were talking, I noticed that his attention was on someone behind me. I turn around, and see Ginny. Harry was staring at Ginny. I smiled, "Harry, go ask her to dance."

He looked down at me, "She would never say yes. Plus, I can't leave you.", he said giving a small smile.

I laughed, "Harry, I'll be fine. Plus, don't be so sure. I think she'll say yes."

Listening to me, I watched him walk over to Ginny. I smilled when she accepted.

"Looks like you lost your date."

I turned around, smiling. "Ced, you know I always have back up plans." I winked, obviously joking.

He laughed, and kept his smile on his face. "Y/n, you look gorgeous."

I smile back up him, "and you, Ced, know how to clean up nice."

He laughed, I didn't know how much I missed him until now. "Well, can a guy who can clean up, lead you to the dance floor?"

I gave him my hand, "Of course, he can."

After dancing and joking around, the music changed. This music signaled that it was meant for the dance where you occasionally change partners. I was about to leave, but Cedric insisted that I try it out.

I danced with Cedric for a while, waiting for the music to change. When he did, Cedric looked at someone behind, nodding as if to say "go ahead." Before I could question this, I was thrown into my next partners hands.

I knew who it was before I even seen his face.

"Hi, Princess," Draco said smiling.

I smiled up at him. I never wanted this moment to end. I never wanted to daze away from his grey eyes. I was shocked, so I said nothing.

The music changed again, making us switch back to our original partners. On the way back to Cedric, I see Cho head to Draco. I smiled, knowing that Cedric and Draco had planned this.

I teasingly smacked his arm, before saying, "Thank you."

He smiled, handing me back to Draco. Draco started to laugh, "Your voice is almost as beautiful as you."

I was confused until I remembered my little concert in the Hufflepuff bathroom. I laughed,
getting a little blush, "So, that's how you two planned this."

He laughed, "She's not only beautiful, but smart."

I again laughed, laying my head against his shoulder.

When the music stopped, he lead me to a empty table. Turning his chair towards mine, he held onto my hands. "I want to show you something, Y/n. Will you let me?"

I said yes, and we managed to sneak out of the party.