Chapter 9

It's been two weeks since Cedric figured out about me and Draco. He kept his end of the deal, but he hated seeing me sneak off with him after dinner.

Draco and Cedric hated each other more than ever. Cedric showed more affection towards me when he knew Draco was looking. Draco would then purposely run into him in the hallways. I was surprised to see Cedric act that way. He was never like this. He was always calm and collected, but him seeing me with Draco, made him different.

All of the fighting was starting to get ridiculous. I really hoped that Cedric wouldn't do anything to provoke Draco today, though I don't understand why it affects Draco so much. We weren't dating, and Cedric was only a friend.

Draco got a letter, but he wouldn't tell me anything about it. I assumed that it was from his parents. So, I didn't push it. Whatever it was, it put Draco in a mood. This would not be the day to provoke him.

Cedric walked me to the entrance of my last class before dinner. Professor Snape's class.

When I was about to push open the door, I felt Cedric pull me in to a hug. I then felt his lips on top of my head. he had lean down to kiss my forehead. He had never been this affectionate, and I really hoped that Draco wasn't late like us, that he was already sitting in his seat. This was one of the only classes we shared.

Before I could even get away from Cedric, I felt someone grab my arm, pulling  me back. I fell on my butt, almost hitting my head. Looking up, I saw Draco throw the first punch, making Cedric throw his own.

I didn't know what to do. I just sat on the floor, with tears threatening to escape my eyes. The boys were both punching and kicking each other. It wasn't until I saw Cedric on the floor, being kicked by Draco, that I snapped out of it.

I ran to Draco and put my hands on his arm." Draco, please stop." He wasn't stopping. "Draco, you're hurting him!"

I yelled at him. Draco stopped, looking me in the eyes, he moved his hands to mine. Draco watched as I flinched, and his eyes became sorrowful. "Y/n, I'm so sorry. I-"

I cut him off. " Cedric! Cedric, are you okay?" I bent down to him on the ground as Snape threw open his doors.

"What is going on here?", Snape yelled at the three of us. I looked at the door to see a group of students looking at us too. The golden trio being apart of it.

When none of us answered, Snape yelled," Class is dismissed. You three, my room, now!" He turned around and stomped in to his classroom.

I looked up at Draco to see, for the first time, that he was truly frightened.