Trying to Forget

I sat up in bed, and ran a hand through my hair. What did I just dream? How could I possibly had said that to Jane? I have never told anybody that! Did I really... feel that way? No! That's so wrong! I must be insane.

"You... alright?" I heard Artie mumble.

"Peachy." I whispered. Artie turned on his side and went back to sleep.

What should I do? How am I supposed to spend the day with Jane again, if that dream is stuck in my head? I'd have to forget about it. It was nothing anyway. I was probably just exhausted and my brain decided to drive itself to Crazyville. I layed back in bed and tried to get more sleep, but my mind kept racing. How was I supposed to forget that if I kept thinking about it?

I decided to repeat the Latin I had learned in my head. If I couldn't sleep I should at least practice. Latin worked for a while, but eventually my mind wandered back to my dream. I rolled over and shoved my face into the pillow. I let out a moan of frustration. I hoped that the pillow would block out enough sound, so Artie wouldn't wake up. A light knock sounded on my door shocking me out of my pity party. Shit what time was it!

"Kian, are you ready?" Jane called.

"I'll be out in a minute!" I called my voice was filled with panic. I sprang out of bed and quickly ceased my uniform. I quickly undressed, and re-dressed. I put on my shoes on the way to the door. I opened it quickly, and I tried to catch my breath. Jane smirked at me, and I continued to gasp for oxygen.

"Shall we go then?" She asked, still smirking.

"Y-Yes mistress." I sighed in relief. I followed her down the hallway that led to her study. When we ran into Marcus.

"Good day, Marcus." Jane greeted emotionlessly.

"Good day, Jane. Where are you taking this boy?" He asked, but didn't appear to care.

"He's going to be cleaning my study this afternoon."

"Oh I see." He stared at me blankly. Then he cocked one eyebrow at me and walked off hesitantly. I thought about his strange reaction.

Oh no, he could read relationships. What if he had found out about the dream I had and thought it was real? What if he thought I really felt that way about her? Would they kill me? I walked after Jane silently. My nerves were at an all time high, and my hands started to shake.

We walked in and she closed the door behind us. I started to immediately organize the books hoping to take my mind off of, well everything.

"Why are you so quiet today Kian? Yesterday we talked for hours. Did you run out of things to say?"

"Yes mistress." My voice was hoarse and my shaking hands became more obvious.

"We are acquaintances now. You don't have to call me mistress in here, just call me Jane." She said. She sounded slightly concerned.

"Okay Jane." I sighed and continued to organize the books.

"Are you scared of me Kian? What's going on? You're shaking."

"I'm not scared of you." I said. "I just had a dream last night and I guess it's making me nervous."

"Oh, what was the dream about?" She asked curiously.

"Uh, it doesn't matter." Damn, why did I say anything?

"Yes it does, it's gotten you so worked up. What was it about?" I didn't want to lie to her, but I might have to if I wanted to keep my life.

"It was about the Volturi. Um, Marcus he just... he just reminded me of it."

"Come on Kian, you'll feel better if you talk about it."

"Y-you'll k-kill me." I stuttered. For some reason I couldn't lie to her.

"I won't, I promise. It was just a dream, you don't have control over them." She sounded irritated and I panicked more.

"Um I-I - well you see - I... well we, we um ran a-away from h-here." The room went silent.

"That's what you were so worried about." She chuckled lightly. I wasn't worried about that part of the dream, I was worried about what I said in this dream. "Your very strange Kian. I wouldn't run away, but I do enjoy your company." I sighed in relief, because she stopped asking questions.

"Actually I did want to talk to you about that. I decided I want to continue your lessons. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday we will be in here. That leaves Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for you to help Artie with the clothes. I feel like that is a fair amount of time." I nodded my head, and continued cleaning.

________

I stood back and admired my work, all the bookshelves were filled neatly with various books. The only book that was out of place was the one Jane was reading. I had dusted everything and mopped the floors. It was perfect.

"Are you finished?"

"Yep, is everything to your liking?" I asked.

"It looks great." She said with a faint smile. "Now, should we move on to Latin or Vampires?" She asked.

"I was wondering about other members of the Volturi, actually." I stated. She nodded and started her lesson.

She described the five main members, Aro, Caius, Marcus, Sulpicia and Athenodora. She then described the more powerful members of the gaurd. Herself, Alec, Demetri, Felix, Chelsea, Heidi, and Corin. I got curious when she mentioned Chelsea's gift of relationship manipulation. How many of these members were here on their own accord? Would Jane leave if Chelsea wasn't manipulating her bonds with Aro and the others? I quickly squashed that thought, this was none of my business.

She told me of different vampire customs, like how certain covens had territories that couldn't be hunted on. She explained newborn wars, and how a vampire would mate with another and they would become super protective over each other. She explained more about different abilities and how they worked, as well as many other things.

"Well, I think we should wrap this up for today. I will see you on Monday. Try to be ready on time." She smiled.

"Will do." I chuckled. Two days of being knee deep in suds and black capes was not something to look forward to. I'd much rather be in here chatting with Jane. I made the long trip back to my room and waited for Artie. In a strange way I had more friends here than I had ever had at home. Artie came in with two plates of food, they each held some kind of sandwich and an apple. He handed me a plate.

"How was your day cleanin' Jane's study?" He asked.

"Oh, it was good." I said with my mouthful. I swallowed the food and sat up straight. "I did a pretty good job. I think she was pleased."

"So you'll come back to help me with the laundry, right?"

"About that, I can't help you on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays." I confessed.

"Why not?" He was agitated.

"Jane needs me to be her personal butler on those days."

"What?" He nearly screamed. I shrugged my shoulders. I sure as hell wasn't telling him I was being tutored by the vampire who could cause you to pass out from a single look.

"Yeah, I'm just as confused as you are." I lied.

"That woman is crazy." He mumbled. I was about to defend her, but I held my tongue. Why did I care if someone insulted her, we were barely even friends? Right?