Power Hungry

"That's your target young Kian. Your main focus is to disable this women's ability." Aro instructed handing me a picture of a rather pretty young woman in no later than her early twenties. She had brown hair and the same strange golden eyes that Eleazar had.

Aro had called me and Jane to meet with him to discuss our strategy for the upcoming fight. He was explaining the different members of the Olympic coven to me. He had explained the leader and his wife, who had no special abilities. As well as two others who had no gifts. There was another couple with abilities, the woman could see the future which terrified me, and her mate who could manipulate emotions. The male's ability didn't scare me like the female's did, it honestly seemed useless in this situation.

There was another couple, the female was a shield. She was my main focus. Her mate could read your mind, and was a large threat too. They both scared me to oppose, but I had to anyway. I was surprised to hear Aro say the Denali Coven was going to be fighting us too. I didn't expect Eleazar would go against us when I first met him. I was also warned of Kate who could force you to your knees with a single touch through some kind of electricity.

"We will not be executing these two vampires. Instead they shall be given a second chance, with the Volturi. You will not kill them, unless absolutely necessary." Aro instructed me. He gave me two more photos. One was a male with thick black hair and olive tinted skin, the other was a petite girl with short black hair. I nodded my head showing him that I understood.

"What are their names?" I questioned out of curiosity. Jane leaned closer into me and rubbed the back of my hand with her thumb. She hadn't said much since the beginning of this meeting.

"Alice and Benjamin. Why do you ask child?" Aro questioned in his fake happy tone.

"I was curious." I mumbled. I wondered why he was offering those two in particular mercy, and no one else. Then it dawned on me; they were probably the ones with rare gifts. Aro was going to add them to his collection like he had done with me.

"Do they have abilities?"

"Yes they both do. Alice is with the Cullens, she has the ability to see future events and Benjamin has an ability to manipulate the elements around him." Aro informed me. I nodded.

This just confirmed my suspicion. He wasn't as merciful as he tried to appear, he was doing this for his personal benefit. Why hasn't anyone else questioned his motives like I have from the beginning? He was obviously using everyone for his own protection and power. That was the only thing he seemed to care about; power.

I was starting to hate the Volturi more than I had when I was human. They were trapping my lovely Jane here. They were using the both of us. We were like the pawns in their chess game. We were here to risk our lives so they could rule over others. They claimed they were serving justice, but they were just growing their own strength. They picked out the strong and showed them forgiveness, while exterminating the weak.

I had respect for them, because at least they were trying to serve as some kind of government, but they were going about it all wrong. Everyone should be given the same treatment despite what their abilities were. Breaking the law should have the same consequences for everyone.

Aro continued to describe other allies of the Cullens. I tuned him out. I didn't want to be a part of this anymore. The only reason I didn't leave was Jane's loyalty to them. I hadn't tried to convince her to leave since our last arguement. I didn't like arguing with her, it made me feel awful. I felt like I might have to though. I couldn't allow this to happen to us. Aro couldn't force us to risk our lives for him, not if I had anything to say about.

When Aro had finally stopped talking I left with Jane. We walked to her study; my favorite room in this whole town. I crossed my arms and looked at her with a serious look.

"Jane I need to talk to you." I said. I was nervous about how she would react to me bringing up this topic again. Last time hadn't gone well.

"What is it Kian?" She asked. Her face scanned mine and she looked like she was growing nervous too.

"I know we've already discussed this a few times, but please just here me out." I requested. She nodded her head, and waited for me to continue. I let out a small sigh of relief. Thank god she was going to listen.

"We can't fight the Cullens. I don't want to risk my life, and yours over this. I think Aro's using us to get what he wants. He is sparring Alice and Benjamin so he can use their gifts. He doesn't care about us he just cares about the power he has. Jane we can't continue to serve him." I whispered, praying she'd see my point of view.

"Kian, I understand your worries, but I'm not going to betray Aro. He saved me. He isn't power hungry. He just wants a stronger gaurd so he can keep the peace with more ease. This isn't about what Aro wants. He's not using us." She said. I knew she truly believed this, but I knew that Aro wasn't being genuine. He was doing this for his own benefit. I just knew he was being deceitful.

"We're joining the fight Kian. We are delivering justice. This is our duty. We have the privilege to do this. Be grateful that you have the opportunity to keep the world safe. It's an honor Kian." Jane said. I sighed, there was no changing her mind. She was loyal for the rest of eternity to Aro, and not even I could change it.

I was going to fight whether I wanted to or not.