Blood 'n a Cup

"So what do you think we're going to do? Are we going to attack them?" I asked scooting closer to her.

"We aren't sure yet." She sighed. "We don't know if we can defeat them. One of the member's ability is a shield. Mine and Alec's gifts don't work on her. They can use this to their advantage and slaughter all of us." Jane informed me. These Cullens were making me more and more nervous. I couldn't imagine Jane dying.

"We have to make a plan of attack, if we decide to enforce the rule we will have to improve our defences. It's kind of a scary thought, I depend on my gift for my protection. I'm not a fighter. If my gift doesn't work then I am vulnerable." Jane shifted in her chair. I nodded my head waiting for her to continue.

"Do you think you can take a few more bites?" She asked and picked up the plate of food. I nodded and she gave me the plate. I took a few bites and swallowed without thinking to much about it.

"What's going on with your eyes? They are pitch black." I asked her. Her face twisted in pain.

"I haven't fed in a long time. Aro won't let me, I haven't drank anything since before we went on that walk." She looked at her hands sadly.

"Are you in pain? That was a month ago." I questioned. I felt horrible, I shouldn't have talked Jane into that. I caused so much pain to the both of us.

"My throat hurts." She informed me.

"Well is there anything I can do? Can you drink from me or something?" I asked her. I wanted to fix this problem I had caused.

"My venom will turn you, that is if I am able to stop." She sighed. I brainstormed more ideas, but none of them would work.

"Wait... your venom can't enter my body," Jane nodded at my simple statement. "but if my blood wasn't in my body?" I questioned her.

"No Kian!" She yelled. "You're not going to do that!"

"Yes I am." I argued. "This is my fault, and I should fix it. I won't lose to much blood just enough to satisfy you for a while." I tried to convince her, but she didn't seem like she was going to listen.

"Do you have a cup?" I asked her. Her mouth hung open in shock.

"No Kian." She refused.

"Okay, I'll go find one myself." I turned to walk away, but a burning pain made me crumble to my knees.

"Gah! Jane stop!" I pleaded. I stared at her in the eyes and the burning pain weakened. I took in a deep breath and calmed myself down.

"You did it again!" She gasped.

"Did what?" I asked her. I kept my eyes on her, because if I looked away the pain would become unbearable. I stood up carefully keeping eye contact with her.

"Your avoiding my gift, or weakening it or something!" She yelled. I couldn't tell if she was angry with me or excited.

"How can that work?" I asked her in confusion. The longer I stared into her eyes the fainter the pain was becoming. Now it just felt like a mild sunburn.

"I-I don't know." She stuttered.

"Can you try harder, make it hurt worse?" I asked her. I wasn't exactly sure how this worked, but I wanted to test it.

"I don't want to hurt you." She said nervously.

"I'll tell you if it starts to hurt too bad. I want to test this out."

"Fine, but for the record I think you're insane." The faint sunburn gradually became more intense.

"More?" Jane asked me a look of shock and concern on her face.

"Yeah." I stated. Sure this hurt, but it was tolerable. Jane nodded her head. The burning continued to increase and I started gasping for breath. I looked Jane in the eye, and tried to calm myself. The pain lost its intensity slowly.

"Are you okay Kian?" Jane asked. She was starting to look sick even if that was impossible.

"Y-Yep, it hurts but it's tolerable." I informed her. The pain subsided and I took some deep breaths.

"That should have knocked you out, you definitely shouldn't have been able to talk through it." She said in disbelief.

"How does this work?" I asked her. She shrugged her shoulders. I stared into her black eyes and got an idea. I slowly started backing away and out the door keeping my eyes on her.

"Kian, where are you going?" She questioned.

"Don't worry about that Jane. I'll be back shortly I promise. Just stay there." I instructed. To my surprise she nodded. I turned around and sprinted for my room.

I moved things around and eventually I found a metal cup for drinking water. It might have been Artie's, but I was just going to borrow it. I shuffled around in my drawer until I found my pocket knife. I had carried it around on St. Marcus' Day, just incase I got kidnapped or something. It didn't work on vampires though, I hadn't thought of that. I should have brought a wooden stake or garlic.

I set down my supplies on my bed and searched for an emergency medical kit. I knew Artie had one somewheres. I found it under his bed and stole some of his bandages.

I sat down on my bed, and placed the knife on the palm of my hand. I took a deep breath. I was so nervous and sick about what I was about to do. I slowly dug the knife into my hand until the skin split. I gritted my teeth so I wouldn't cry out. I slowly cut the knife across my hand diagonally. Blood spilled out of my open wound and drained into the cup. I was starting to feel nauseous just watching it, not to mention the extreme pain I was in.

I pushed on the outside of the wound so more blood would come out. This caused me to hiss, I shut my eyes closed as I felt the sticky warm liquid trail down my hand. I wanted to vomit. Tears were falling down my face. I drained my hand for a long time.

After about half the cup was filled I wrapped my hand in the stolen bandaging. Then I carefully used my bandaged hand to pick up the bloody knife. I raised it to my good hand and split that one open too. I was starting to get light headed, and I was afraid I was going to pass out. I only filled the cup about two-thirds full when I decided I was done. I wrapped my other hand in a bandage, and carefully picked up the cup of my blood.

I carried it out into the hallway, and prayed to god that I wouldn't attract any vampires. I made it to Jane's study and placed the cup in front of her door. I knocked lightly and walked away. I walked far enough away where I hoped she wouldn't be bothered my the smell of my bloody hands.

She opened the door slowly and looked at me and then to the cup at her feet. Her expression changed from shock to pain over and over again.

"Kian what did you do?" She questioned calmly.

"I don't know what your talking about. I think you should just drink it, don't worry about where it came from." I insisted. She picked up the glass and looked at me with worry.

"You didn't have to do that to yourself." She sighed.

"I just did. Now please drink it, so it won't go to waste." I asked. She gave me a thankful nod, and sipped it slowly. I couldn't tell, but it sounded almost like she was purring. She couldn't contain herself any longer, and she chugged it greedily. She put the cup back down, and looked at me.

"Kian you should probably stay over there for a while. Your hands are still bleeding, I can smell it from here." She warned.

"Okay." I nodded and gave her a smile. She grinned back thankfully. Her eyes were a dark crimson now. They were nowhere near her usual glowing red color, but it was closer.