Fight

I brought Jane closer to me by pulling her hand lightly. I was terrified of what was going to happen. Aro and the leader of the Cullens stood and starred at each other, they were completely still. The world seemed to stop, and all eyes were on the two leaders.

The blonde man gave Aro a curt nod in response to his greeting. Aro smirked slightly. We were all going to die. Aro's stupid rule was going to kill us all.

"I'm sure your aware of the new rule we are enforcing." Aro asked the blonde man.

"I am." He answered calmly.

"So you know your coven has violated it?" Aro questioned with a malicious grin. He acted like he was looking forward to this fight. He was looking forward to risking all our lives for his own power.

"I do." The Cullen man nodded.

"You admit to this offense?" Aro asked with his false happy tone.

"Yes." The man said. Oh god. They couldn't have stalled a little longer. Why did we have to jump right into this? I stepped in front of Jane. My body seemed to do it on its own. I had to protect my mate.

"Ah.. pity. I'm afraid there will be no further discussion then." Aro stated. I tensed at his words. This was too fast. I wasn't ready. Aro raised his hand as a signal to get ready. I lowered myself into a fighting stance. I couldn't do this!

  The Cullens got into a fighting position, and stared us down. I took in a deep breath trying to calm my nerves. I had to protect my Jane. I had to do this. Aro's hand closed into a fist. That was the signal to attack. I kept my eyes locked on the shield girl as she sprinted across the field. That was my one main job. Jane used her gift to keep people away from us, and help our side.

   I watched as both sides were ripped to pieces by wolves and enemy vampires. Nobody came close to us thanks to Jane. It pained me slightly as I watched Demetri torn limb from limb, by multiple vampires. Two of which were the shield girl and her mate. The flash of a vampire ran right in front of us, only about ten feet away. I panicked thinking she was going after us, but instead she went past us. She was going for Alec.

   The small girl tackled him to the ground and there was a horrible cracking noise. I was frozen in shock and so was Jane. I thought that Alec had won, but then I saw the brown haired shield I was supposed to be watching staring down Alec with a look of fury on her face. She was blocking his ability, and it was my fault. I quickly blocked her again, and she flickered her furious black eyes to mine.

It was to late.

   I heard a thud coming from the direction of Alec's and the girl's fight. I looked over forgetting about the shield girl. There lay my brother-in-law's disembodied head. Jane screamed in grief and rage, and the girl who had killed him fell face first into the mud. Jane's heart wrenching sobs made me furious with that girl. I started seeing red. She killed him! She killed my brother! She hurt my mate by taking someone she loved away from her!

   I ran at the small girl with black hair. She was groaning from Jane's intense gift. She couldn't get away with this! I didn't care that Aro told us not to kill her! I was going to have my revenge! I pounced onto her and wrapped my hands around her neck. She gasped in pain, and her eyes were pleading for me to stop. I hesitated, but I was already too far I had to finish this.

  I pushed my hands harder against her neck. I heard a cracking noise and the girl whimpered. I felt horrible. I was killing her. She looked up with yellow eyes full of desperation. I closed my eyes and used my full strength to remove her head from her body. I heard the thud of it hitting the ground, and I quickly got up off of her.

   I turned around to find Jane on her knees in the mud, sobbing helplessly. I ran over to her as quickly as I could. I hated the idea of her in such a vulnerable state. I helped her up and she collapsed into my arms. I rubbed her back and looked around the field, hoping to god no one would attack us. A great ball of fire flew towards the corpses of Alice and Alec, and they went up in flames. Jane cried out again.

   I looked around desperately, trying to come up with an idea to get us out of danger. I spotted a low tree, that could effectively hide us, at least until Jane had stopped sobbing enough to run. I was not going to continue this fight, I wasn't putting myself and Jane in danger anymore.

   I helped her walk over to the tree, and I crouched down. I layed Jane so she was hidden under my large cloak. I rubbed her back and kept an eye on the battle field. There were corpses and small fires all over the ground, some were my allies, some my enemies. I noticed how few members of the Volturi were left. Aro was still alive but he looked panicked. Marcus and Caius were gone, and only a handful of gaurd members were left. The Cullens had suffered nearly the same fate, more than half of their allies were dead. The girl I was supposed to block had died, along with her mate. Their leader had died, and I killed the little one. Many of the wolves were dead, and the Cullen's allies where beginning to dwindle.

   I watched more of my allies fall. Jane sat up, she had only calmed down slightly. She peared out at the destruction, and started crying louder at all her fallen friends. She gasped as Aro was attacked and burned quickly. Her shoulders shook with sobs. I couldn't help, but feel a sense of justice. I knew how much Aro's death hurt Jane, but I didn't have to feel the same way.

   I watched as the last two members of the Volturi gaurd were overtaken. Jane was still sobbing. Only a group of maybe ten vampires, along with a single wolf remained. I started to panic we couldn't be seen, or we would be murdered. We had no where to go now, we couldn't go back to Volterra, I'm sure other covens would try to take it over.

"Jane we have to leave. We can't stay here." I whispered.