Training

"Let's go." Felix instructed as we opened the door. I nodded and took Jane by the hand. We walked down the long hallway quickly and turned into a large stone room.

There was various heavy duty workout equipment scattered in the room. A lot of them were bent or broken. A large empty area was left in the middle of the room, it had a white square around the perimeter. I wondered what it was for.

"Welcome to the training room little guy." Felix stated. I was a little irritated with him calling me little guy. I wasn't that much smaller than he was. Jane held my hand and looked at me with loving eyes.

"What do you want to try first Kian?" She asked. I shrugged my shoulders, I didn't even know what there was to try.

"What do you feel I should work on first?"

"Let's work on your ability, because that is going to be your main focus; keeping their shield down." She instructed. I nodded my head and waited for instructions.

"Afton." Jane called to a boy with light brown hair. He walked over cautiously. Jane turned to me.

"Afton is as close to a shield as we have. He has a sort of invisibility, and normally mental abilities like mine can't hurt him. We are going to see if you can change that." I nodded my head and turned my attention to the nervous looking Afton.

"Go ahead Kian." Jane instructed. I nodded my head once and focused on the strange energy surrounding my body. I moved it over to Afton and shaped it carefully to fit him. It was easier than expected. Jane stared the boy down and he crumpled to the floor letting out shouts of pain. I immediately stopped using my gift. I felt bad for him.

"Why did you stop?" Jane asked, looking at me with concern in her eyes.

"He was hurting. I couldn't do that." I whispered and shook my head.

"You can't have mercy during the fight, because the Cullens won't show any for you. You have to protect yourself. I can't lose you Kian." She whispered in concern. I nodded my head, and focused my attention on Afton again. He got up slowly and was taking in deep shaking breaths.

"Let's try one more time." Jane instructed. I nodded again, and prepared myself. I had to stay strong, for Jane. I was going to protect her no matter what, even if it caused others pain.

I stretched the energy around Afton again. It was becoming easier the more I did it. I wrapped it to his body tightly and it seemed to almost be stuck to his figure like a magnet to metal, as long as I was staring him in the eyes that is. Jane stared down the boy and he crumpled in pain. He let out a groan sprawled out on the ground. He grabbed at the air trying to find anything to stop the burn. His back arched and he screamed in pain. I could relate to every agonizing moment.

Although, it hurt to see someone suffer like he was, I didn't ever lose focus. I stared at the boy until Jane decided he had enough. He gasped for air and venom tears were falling down his face. I kept my focus on the boy, waiting for Jane to tell me to stop.

"Good job Kian." She praised. I nodded my head and took in a calming breath. I walked over to Afton and held my hand out to help him up. He flinched away, and got up by himself. He glared at me before running out of the room at vampire speed.

"Ignore him Kian. He just is disappointed that you have a more useful gift than he does. I honestly don't know why Aro is letting him stay here." Jane said. I gave her a nod and walked back to her side. I took her into an embrace without a second thought. I wasn't sure if I liked my ability all that much. I just was using it to hurt people.

"What do I do now?" I asked her. I tried not to show any sign guilt in my voice. She unclipped my cloak and hung it on one of the hooks on the wall. She did the same thing with hers and walked back to me.

"I'm going to teach you how to fight." She stated.

"Uh.. okay."

"I'll go easy on you Kian. Just follow my lead." She instructed.

"Okay." I was nervous, but didn't object. Jane walked across the white box painted on the floor, and got into a low crouching position. I followed her movement awkwardly.

"Legs further apart Kian. It looks like a good gust of wind could knock you over. Balance is the key." Jane explained. Her voice was stern, but still full of love.

"Yes Jane." I said, and moved my legs further apart, until I felt comfortable and steady.

"That's good Kian!" She praised with a smile. I gave her a small grin in return. I liked it when she was encouraging, it made me feel warm.

"I'm going to pounce. Do your best to avoid my attacks, and pin me down if you can."

"Okay." I prepared myself. I stared at Jane waiting for her to move.

She sprinted at me, and I was frozen in shock. She pinned me to the ground, and held my hands against the floor. She gave me a teasing smile and an eye roll.

"Come on Kian. I know you can do better than that." She chuckled.

"You caught me off gaurd." I laughed. She gave me a light peck and got of of me.

"Let's go again!" She said excitedly. I nodded and got back into position. She walked over to the other side of the square, and crouched down.

She pounced at me, but this time I was prepared and I side stepped her. I tried to tackle her back, but she turned around and grabbed my arm. I flew though the air and landed on the hard ground with a thud.

"I thought you said you weren't much of a fighter." I chuckled rubbing the back of my head. If I was human I would surely have a goose egg on my head.

"Maybe you're just really bad." She teased. I gave her a playful growl. She laughed and let me up.

"Wanna try again?" She asked. I nodded my head enthusiastically. This was way more fun than I had expected.