Ability Testing

Me and Jane wrestled for hours. I was actually starting to hold my own, and I could avoid her pounces with ease. She started making each fight harder, moving faster and attacking more aggressively, but I still continued to put up a good fight. I never could pin her down, but I got close many times.

We stood in a fighting stance, preparing for our last match of the night. I gave her a playful growl prompting her to pounce. She gave me a smirk and pounced at me quickly. I jumped over her, and turned around quickly. I side stepped her other attack with ease. She went to knock the feet out from under me, but I dodged and grabbed one of her arms. I managed to grab her other arm and forced her to the ground. I pinned her wrists to the floor, and smiled down at her.

A sudden burn spread through my body causing me to lose focus. Jane quickly overtook me and forced me down onto the ground. I struggled, but I couldn't get up.

"That's cheating!" I complained. Jane laughed loudly.

"I never said it was against the rules." She chuckled. I gave her another playful growl and we both started laughing. I stopped squirming and stared at her. She still didn't let go.

"Uh.. can I get up now?" I asked her in confusion.

"I don't think so." She teased. "You could try to convince me, but I don't think I want to let you up." She smiled. I growled at her again, and she laughed.

"Oh Kian, that wasn't very convincing." She chuckled. I rolled my eyes sarcastically. Some members of the gaurd started giving us dirty looks, but Jane didn't appear to care.

"Please my lovely Jane, let me up." I requested. She tilted her head pretending to think.

"Closer, but not quite." She grinned. I groaned quietly causing her to laugh again.

"Dearest godess Jane, love of my life, please allow me to get up." I asked. I extended my neck and gave her a small kiss. She giggled as we pulled away, and loosened her grip on my hands.

"I suppose." She sighed dramatically. She got up and offered me her hand. I took it gratefully, and we walked back to Jane's study. We both walked in and I closed the door behind us.

"Jane you are such a badass." I chuckled. She looked at me and raised an amused eyebrow. I chuckled at her reaction and sat down in one of her armchairs.

"Your not too bad yourself." She smiled and sat down on my lap gracefully.

"Are you kidding? You beat me every time." I chuckled.

"I wouldn't say every time.. well, actually I would." She teased. I rolled my eyes at her sarcastically, and we both giggled quietly. The room went quiet, and I closed my eyes enjoying Jane's floral scent.

"You did really well Kian. Especially for your first day. I think you're a natural born fighter." Jane complemented. I opened my eyes to look at her, and I nearly gasped at her beautiful smile. It took me by surprise every time, and I fell in love with her every time she did it.

"Thanks Jane." I smiled she nodded her head, and rested it on my shoulder. "Does this mean your not worried about me joining the gaurd now?" I asked her raising an eyebrow.

"Not necessarily. I'm still worried, but not as much." Jane said. I nodded my head. I understood that, no matter how good Jane was at fighting I still was nervous about losing her. I couldn't live without her.

"I think we should work on your ability more tomorrow. I think we should see if you can stop multiple people with it." Jane said. I nodded my head, it would be interesting to see how far I could stretch my gift.

"I think that's a good idea." I agreed.

The room went silent for a long time. Me and Jane were just enjoying each other's presence. As much fun as wrestling was, it was tiring and I needed a break. I closed my eyes and held Jane close to me.

After a few hours of relaxing, me and Jane made it back to the large training room. I followed Jane, and she met up with Alec. She started explaining my training to the both of us.

"Kian, me and Alec are going to use our abilities on you. I want you to try to stop us. I won't actually hurt you, it will just be a slight burn in your chest. If you start to panic or start to feel any pain I need you to yell 'stop'. Okay?" Jane instructed. I nodded my head showing I understood.

Alec and Jane stepped backwards and locked their eyes on me. Jane raised an eyebrow asking if I was ready, I gave her a quick nod. I moved the energy from my body and around them, but I quickly found how difficult this was. It seemed nearly impossible to move it to both of them. I was fighting it constantly. I continued to fight it until the pain hit my chest and I switched my focus to Jane. Then I went blind and I instantly started to panic.

"Stop! Stop please!" I yelled into the darkness. My vision returned and I took a deep breath. We tried this experiment many times, but it always ended with me yelling for them to stop. I found that I couldn't focus on more than one person at a time. At least not right now. Jane told me that gifts can be developed over time, so I may be able to effect multiple people in the future, but only time will tell.

I would keep pushing myself and hope for the best.