Denali

"Kian get up. S-Someone's c-coming." Jane stuttered as she tried to suppress a giggle. I looked down on her beautiful face and gave her a playful smile. I had both of my hands pinning her wrists to the floor, so she was stuck.

"And what if I don't?" I teased her. She tried to push me off her, but with my newborn strength I wouldn't budge. I leaned down and gave her a peck on the nose.

"Get off me!" She laughed quietly. I shook my head, and gave her another large smile.

"I don't think I will." I stared down at her. "Your trapped I'm afraid. Sorry my lovely Jane." I kissed her neck, and she gave me a playful growl. I fell down next to her laughing. She pounced on top of me and pinned my hands above my head. She gave me a long deep kiss.

"Your not the only one who can play this game." She grinned. I could have easily pushed her off, but I allowed her to kiss all the way up my neck to my jawline.

"We have to find some clothes Kian." Jane whispered near my ear. A light knock sounded on the door. Jane's eyes widened.

"Shit." She chuckled quietly. She got off me, and rushed over and put her cloak on over her shredded clothes. She tossed me mine. I took off my shirt, because there was no saving it, and threw my cloak on quickly. My pants had been torn, but they weren't too bad.

Jane opened the door, and Alec stood in the doorway. He looked at his sister, with an amused look.

"I assume you're ready to go." He said. Jane looked back at me in shock.

"It's morning already?" She asked her brother. He nodded.

"Um... we must have lost track of time." Jane said. Alec gave her an amused eyeroll.

"You must have." He agreed.

"Do you think you could allow me some time to get ready?" She asked.

"I suppose." He answered. Jane closed the door in his face, and I heard his chuckle.

Jane opened a drawer and pulled out a silky crimson dress, similar to the one she had been wearing. She took off the shredded one and put on the new one. She looked at me and sighed.

"Do you want to borrow one of Alec's shirts?" She questioned.

"Sure." The thought of wearing one of his shirts was strange, but I really had no other option. I was out of shirts. Jane handed me a red dress shirt and I put it on quickly. Surprisingly it fit well.

"So where exactly are we going?" I asked her, while I buttoned up the long sleeve shirt.

"There is a retired member of the gaurd named Eleazar. He has the ability to identify gifts. Aro wants him to identify yours." Jane informed me.

"Oh I see."

Jane opened the door, and I followed her out. We walked into the main room. Aro, Marcus, and Caius were waiting in the center. Guards stood behind them, Demetri and Felix included. Alec walked up to us and stood by his sister.

"All of us are present. We shall be taking our leave now." Aro demanded. He walked out the door and we all followed. We sped through the hallways, and we were quickly outside. I loved how fast I could run, it saved so much time.

Jane ran next to me, but didn't say a word. I was nervous, I wasn't sure what to expect. I had never seen any vampires except for the Volturi. Our group ran for a long time, until we hit the ocean. They stopped at the shore, and they all looked back at me.

"Jane would you explain to him how this works." Aro requested. She gave him a nod, and looked into my eyes.

"We are going to run across the water Kian. If you stop you'll sink, so don't stop. Run as quickly as you can." She instructed. I gave her a nervous nod, and swallowed the lump in my throat.

"You can do this." She assured me. I nodded and turned to look at the vast ocean. It was huge and looked endless. Aro gave a nod and they all sped off. Jane took my hand and we sprinted into the water.

I closed my eyes for my first few strides. I felt a cool mist hit my face, and I hesitantly opened my eyes.

"Jesus Christ." I whispered in shock. Sure enough we were running on top of the water. Jane looked over at me with a smile on her face. I shook my head in disbelief, but didn't stop running. The idea of sinking into the ocean terrified me.

We ran for what seemed like hours. I thoroughly enjoyed every second. It was incredible seeing your feet hit the water, and not sink. It was strange how the water felt like a solid instead of a liquid.

Eventually we came to shore, but we kept running. We passed through thick woods. Everything was frosted over, and sparkling in the sunlight.

"Welcome to Alaska Kian." Jane smiled. I smiled back and looked around. I took in everything with my new enhanced senses. The smell alone was amazing. We ran up mountains, and across rivers until eventually we found a single house standing alone in the woods.

The Volturi slowed down and approached the home slowly. Two blonde girls stepped outside and eyed us. They glared at us menacingly. I was scared that they'd attack us. I didn't know how to fight.

A dark haired man rushed out, and stood in front of the women. He looked like he was trying to calm them down. They hesitantly went back inside, and the man walked up to us cautiously.

"Good morning Master Aro. How may I be of service?"