🥀

I never had many friends, Jonah is my best friend and he's the closest to me.

I never bothered making friends, I always thought, Jonah and I were going to be together, the till death do us part bullshit. It was a stupid mistake, a foolish kid who read too many romance novels, and his unrealistic ideas.

But the moment I realized that Jonah wasn't going to show up and that he had ditched me, I wished I had more friends.

Whenever something bad happened or if I felt sad, Jonah was the person I went to complain. But now that he was the one causing my miseries, who do I go to?

Jonah and I had planned to go to an art show together, my favorite contemporary artist was holding an exhibit in my town.

Jonah knows how much I liked the artist but he had ditched me, it wasn't even the first time he ditched me for Heather but this time I noticed his absence more than ever.

Art shows were fun because I got to explain the pieces to Jonah, and he would listen to me with such enthusiasm that it made me feel like I was the smartest person in the world, but without him there I watched the pieces, alone. No one lending me an ear to listen to what I had to say.

He had ditched me without any explanation, he must have forgotten.

His absence made me come to terms with the fact that things had changed, Jonah and I weren't ever going to be the same ever again.

Even if Heather went away, more Heathers would come. They would have his attention.

I just have to accept it.

🍂🍂

Are you team Heather or team Cy?
Do you think Jonah has feelings for Cy?