🥀

I have been dreaming about kissing Jonah since I was fifteen.

The first time I thought I wanted to kiss him was on Thanksgiving of 2017

He had spent Thanksgiving with my family because his family was out of town and he had decided to spend the night at my house, an innocent sleepover. We had stayed up the whole night fooling around talking about everything and nothing when the sun started coming up, he had looked at me and told me that it was the best Thanksgiving he had had. He had thanked me for making it special.

I had wanted to reach out and kiss him, but I didn't. Instead, I had hugged him and he had hugged back.

After that day, I started having dreams about kissing him, in those dreams the kisses were so magical.

But when he kissed me on the night of the party, at Heather's house, it felt different from my dreams.

The magic was missing, he was drunk. I could smell the alcohol reeking in his breath.

After the kiss, he buried his head in my neck for a second and went away leaving me to deal with it. I regretted it not because it was a bad kiss, kissing Jonah is what dreams are made of.

How can I ever regret kissing him? I regretted because I knew the moment he sobered up, he would regret kissing me.

When I went downstairs after gathering the little sanity I had, Jonah found me again and asked me if I could take him home.

I said yes. Like I always did.

The car ride was silent, Jonah had passed out on the passenger seat.

I watched him, he looked peaceful. Young. Innocent. And watching him like that calmed me.

Looking at us, no one would have guessed what we had done twenty minutes ago.

🍂🍂

I feel bad for Cy
Poor baby 😭