🥀

There are two things in life that I have ever truly wanted...

One was Jonah

The other was to get into Harvard.

Even though, I didn't get the first wish.
I got the second.

The first person I thought of telling when I got my acceptance letter was Jonah.

He was always going to the first to come to my mind even if I hated that it does. I ran over to his house, as soon as I opened my letter, after hastily hugging my mother who was a crying mess.

" I got in, "  I yelled and threw myself in his arms.

I didn't need to explain what I meant... He knew.

He spun me around sharing my happiness.

He was one of the few people who were going to be genuinely happy for me, that meant a lot to me.

I have to accept the fact that Jonah doesn't love me like that...

Be happy that he loves you, that is what I tell myself every day. Be happy for him.

" I am so proud of you, " he told me over and over again.

And I told him the same thing, he had a full ride, football scholarship to Penn State.

Both our eyes got misty thinking of the inevitable...

We were going to live in different cities, away from each other, for the first time in 10 years.

But I was glad I was leaving the town, leaving Jonah...

Because no matter how hard I faked, I would never be genuinely happy for him. I would never be happy to see him fall in love with someone else...

Away from him, I hoped I would get over him...

I will try... I promised myself.

My heart broke, it hurt thinking of leading a life without Jonah but then again my heart was already broken.

It is better than breaking your heart every day, that's what I told myself.

🍂🍂

I actually thought about this, whether or not I should write about Cy's own happily ever after but I felt that the promise that he made to put  himself out there and to find his own bouy in the vast sea was enough.

Whether he finds it or not is irrelevant , most people do not find their soulmate at 18.. some do but Cy is not one of those people who do.

So yuh this is it.
I hope you enjoyed it.
Let me know your thoughts on the book.
Thank you so much for reading this book.

This was an experimental piece that I wrote in two days...
I had fun writing it.

Love,
Di.