CHAPTER 12

Written In The Stars

Valerie's POV

"We should go to the mall after class. I heard there's a new arcade."

Elijah said while we're having lunch in the cafeteria. It's just another school day, there isn't anything thrilling or galvanizing about today. I craved for a little excitement, everyone was just in class, finishing activities and fixing compilations of the test results for each quarter that has gone by. Bea agreed to Elijah's plan, I had to come with them, it was a little break from the stressful happenings lately.

I looked around, Tyler was still in line, waiting for his turn so he could get his food. He went to school late, it worried me because it isn't likely of him to come late... except when he has his moments. I got used to always checking up on him whenever these kinds of things happen. Maybe because I promised myself I'd look out for him because he's always taking care of the people around him, and no one could do the same for him. Although he didn't really care, it mattered to me.

"Also, I think we should go to Beachwood." Elijah kept suggesting things we could do after class, he looked like he was really trying his best to convince us. Bea and I already agreed, he was very happy when we said yes. When I checked, Tyler was still in line. "They have new desserts in the menu. That's what Ria told me."

"Ria?" Bea asked while curling the spaghetti on her fork, she stared at Elijah, looking curious. Zeiner is beside Bea, he was silently staring at Elijah and Bea who's already arguing at each other through their stares. I laughed to myself, admiring how chaotic they are. Tyler then comes into the scene, he was holding a tray with food on it. "Sounds familiar. I think I saw her in social media. Ria Fuentes?"

"Yes, Ria Fuentes. Her family owns Beachwood Café. I always go there... That's why I know her." Elijah says while drinking water from his bottle. Zeiner just stared at him, he was listening. Like he always does. He's very silent, unlike Elijah and Tyler. They're pretty much loud, that's probably why they always annoy Zein. "I think Valerie knows her. Right, Val?"

I tried to think if I do. I follow her on social media. I remember someone named Ria Fuentes back in elementary. We were classmates back then. She was one of my closest friends but we lost communication after going our separate ways, or should I say, schools. We only follow each other on Instagram, but we never even chatted since then. But I remember her clearly, she was very nice and bright.

"We were classmates before. Way back elementary days." Bea nodded, finishing what's left on her plate. Tyler was busy typing on his phone, like he was messaging someone there. We kept talking about our plans. We all agreed to go to the mall, even Zeiner decided to go with us. They asked me a lot of questions about Ria, it felt like I was feeding them more information to be curious about. "I honestly didn't know her family owns Beachwood. They didn't run any food business back then."

Elijah listened to me intently, he was very interested. I actually think that Ria is his type, she fits his standard very well, I don't know about Ria though, we haven't talked in years. It's like she's just someone I know now, which is totally the case. But Elijah is nice, I know she'd like him too. When I ran out of things to tell them, they turned the focus on Tyler, he was surprisingly quiet today.

"Ty? Are you coming with us later?" Bea asked him while looking hopeful. There was a long pause of silence, he didn't even know how to respond. Maybe he didn't want to go, but he also didn't want to turn us down because he thinks we'd be upset. Or that Elijah would feel bad. I know Tyler would always think about what the others would feel, I just wish he was the same with me. What if he already received clues about my feelings? "Please, come with us! It won't be the same if we aren't complete."