CHAPTER 21

Written In The Stars

Valerie's POV

"I'm sorry, I lied... I only did that to keep you."

There was pain and sorrow in his eyes, he was telling me everything that has happened in the past days where I was so clueless about the status. After the swarming heavy emotions, words that were left unsaid, the pain evident in our eyes and the struggle I held in me as my hidden feelings were starting to grow unbearably rapid, I couldn't hold on any longer... all of it boiled down as it melted in our silent cries. As he started to calm down, opening up to me was not hard anymore. I want him to feel guarded, the two of us sat down on their garden. We had dinner together with Sab and Kai, then the two of us went out to watch the stars.

Tyler recalled every word he heard from Clare, as he was telling me all about it, my heart was sinking. It was somehow hurting for Tyler, no matter how hard he tries to deny the pain, the truth was in his eyes. They looked in pain, they stared at me with gloom, they didn't reflect the beauty of the stars anymore. His eyes looked dark, the eyes who were once filled with joy, the perfect hazel shades like leaves on fall season was now rayless and obscured, they have lost the shine in them. They were once as bright as the sparkling stars whenever we stargaze.

"And you thought it was fair for me? You are so selfish, Clare."

That was what Tyler told Clare, those were the words that came out of his mouth. He was telling me every single detail, from words to emotions. He was slowly letting me in his life again, making me aware of how painful it might have been for him at times where he didn't want me to pity him. But if only he knew how badly I have cried seeing his battles, how much I have thanked the heavens for making me part of his life so he could have someone to lean on. I was lucky enough to be part of his life, as chaotic as it may seem, I still saw it as a beautiful thing to be part of. Because it was with him.

"I know I was selfish! I was selfish because I love you, I can't be without you... I had to make the most difficult decision Ty, I had to be selfish."

He described every single emotion he felt as Clare justified how she needed to be selfish, I felt the same thing too... I was once in the same situation as her, battling out the urge to be selfish to have the love I thought I deserved or to let that love fly free as it chooses the safe haven it wants to be in. The only difference Clare and I have is that I didn't let that urge get the best of me, I chose to let go of Tyler so he could be with her because I know my love was credible and capable of letting go, it was freeing and I was one tough person to choose the path of sacrificing. I was proud of myself on that one.

"You knew your dad was responsible for what happened to my Mom, but you never tried telling me. Is that what you call love? Maybe my friends were right, you don't know how to love. You don't know what love is."

I cried while listening to him, I couldn't contain all of my emotions, the words that came out of Tyler's mouth was all so emotionally triggering. My heart strings were all strummed in the most painful way, I felt everything for him, I feel pity over Tyler as well. I know how much he loved Clare, he did everything to earn her trust, to show how much he loved her, and for her to do this thing to Tyler that's very unimaginable for me, he must really feel the pain within him. I wanted to show my support, that I'll always be here for him. Through good and bad times.

"It all happened at that event, I know Ria already told you. I saw her there, watching. When Felix found out that I was dating his daughter, he couldn't take it. He knew he was close to getting caught for his crimes, he sees me and my relationship with Clare as a threat. When the truth was revealed there, I was hurt and angry when I found out that Clare already knew about it but she didn't tell me. She was hiding a lot of things from me, I was mad at her for a second. For days, actually. I didn't want to go out anymore. But even if I was mad at her, I knew I still love her. And the feeling is killing me. I even received a fucking bruise on my face because of that love..."