CHAPTER 25

Written In The Stars

Valerie's POV

"Look who finally showed up!"

Everyone's eyes went to my direction the moment Elijah screamed in excitement, before I could even react, he already swooped me in for a bear hug. Then, the others stood up from their seats and walked towards us. I haven't seen all of them together for weeks already, maybe because of our busy schedules. I'm always at work, I always have meetings, I always have to juggle my responsibilities in the company, and because I'm always busy, I never found the time to just let all of it go, and have fun with my friends, just like what I do before.

Seeing all of them together could almost make me cry, and I know I've been secretly emotional lately. Everyone was here and I'm still overwhelmed, and every time I see them, memories from the past automatically greet me. My friends have grown so differently, all of us changed in ways I would have never thought of. And I can go on all night, telling you about how great our lives have turned out. They became more mature, all of us did after the past years. I'm glad I can smile proudly, and I can claim that I've been in a great circle for almost my entire life.

Bea is handling her own business now, Zeiner serves as her business partner, they're also planning to build a bar together. Elijah opened his own restaurant two years ago, and now, it already has five branches around the country, and Eli's doing a great job managing his businesses. Ria was still managing Beachwood, after her parents moved to the States, she was in full control of the business, and now it's a bigger café and it also has a lot of branches. Mikhel built a company with his Dad, after what happened to them, he worked hard to not let it fail this time. I was picking up my own pace, too. For sure, Tyler has been doing great.

I gave Ria a hug, feeling apologetic for forgetting about her birthday. I was just too caught up in work, and there was no excuse for me, I really did forget about her day. If it wasn't for Mikhel, I wouldn't have bothered coming, I don't check my messages too much. Unless someone says so, or if someone calls me out of the blue. I gave her a tight hug, and I smiled at all of them. I was thrilled for the conversations tonight, I could finally catch up with them, I know I may have missed a lot of happenings lately, again with the reason that I have been very busy.

"I can't believe you forgot about my birthday," Ria pouted as she took my hand. The joy in my heart was unexplainable, I just can't believe I'm with them tonight, at first I thought I would just spend the entire night at the office, fixing more paperwork while watching all of my other unfinished paperwork piling on my desk and witnessing Melissa sigh heavily as we are both drained from work... but right now, none of those were happening. I can finally say that I'll enjoy the evening again. "But I'll let it pass, I know you've been stressed out lately."

"Yes, I'm very sorry." I looked down but they laughed so I looked back up again. We all headed to the table that was saved for us, there wasn't any food served yet, there were only small decorations placed on top of the table. I sat between Mikhel and Ria, the table was huge and had a lot of space so we could see each other clearly. "It was a good thing that Mikhel visited me at the office today, I wouldn't have remembered your birthday Ri, I'm so busy at the office. I've been handling the investments."

"That's alright, Val!" Bea clasped her hands together, all of us laughed. My heart swelled while seeing this beautiful picture right in front of me, the vivid image of my friends laughing and smiling together, and after everything bad that happened in my life, small things like this already makes me happy. And I would always say that I am blessed, that despite of every single challenge I have faced, I still get the chance to be this happy, and I still see things and people that make me smile. "Tonight will be the party of the century! Let's make it worth our while."