CHAPTER 30

Written In The Stars

Valerie's POV

"Cancel all of my meetings after this."

I told Melissa as we walked through the hallway of Monteverde Corporation, she was following me from behind and we are on our way to the boardroom, to formally announce the success of our international partnership project. This was a big step for MonteCorp and VFE, this was a chance for us to be part of a more wider international market exposure and the farmers and farm owners under our program and supervision will surely receive a lot of benefits from this contract. It was great news for everyone, and my Dad wanted to broadcast this on live television. There were press inside the boardroom as I entered.

They let me sit on the end of the long table in the boardroom, there were TV crew and cameramen around the area, they were setting the equipment properly to shoot the announcement, it was going to be shown on live broadcast. It's still 7 AM in the morning, a lot of people would want to watch the news while grabbing a cup of their favorite morning coffee, or maybe sit in front of their television but would choose to scroll through social media, but it doesn't matter, they would still hear the news in the background. Not that they really cared at all. It was what kids these days do, I think.

Board members and our company executives are here to listen and to witness the announcement I was going to make. Even though they already knew what it was about, I know they would appreciate it if they could hear it formally and with more details rather than just from the source of hearing many gossips inside and outside the building. Bea was right, anything you would do will eventually spread across the streets and now people are making more assumptions about it because word gets around, typical.

"Good morning world, hello sunshine! This is Your Daily Dose of Morning Tea, reporting live from the Monteverde Corporation building." Anthony Suarez, an A-list reporter stood in front of the lights and the cameras, the live broadcast was starting  and everyone was busy with the arrangements and the equipment. Melissa helped me fix my hair as I was about to go right in front of the cameras as well. I wasn't very confident about this, I feel conscious whenever I'm in front of a camera and a lot of people are watching me. "This press conference is for the special announcement VFE and Monteverde Corporation has on a new take in the business industry. Here we have one of the CEO's daughters, Miss Valerie Monteverde."

The cameras moved to my direction, Melissa went behind the cameras so she could remind me about the certain things I have to say. Although I reviewed the contract and the project, I needed confirmation from her and the other executives. The boardroom was packed, there were a lot of press inside and it added up the pressure I had. I was good at public speaking, but this time it seems like my charms aren't working at all. I was wearing my formal office clothes and I held some of the paperwork containing the most needed information there is about the project.

"Good morning everyone, let me start off by saying thank you to the people who went here early to arrange this press conference in a rush. To the board executives of MonteCorp and VFE who came here for the news, to my family who worked hard for this project, to Mister Lucio Valdez the CEO of VFE and their entire team. Most especially to Mister Tyler Valdez, who went to New York with me and made the deal possible." I said with a smile. "To cut things short, I am honored to announce that the partnership of MonteCorp and VFE will extend in the international market as we got one of the biggest companies in New York to sign a contract with us."

There was applause inside the boardroom, the bright and smiling faces that showed how great it felt to be successful, but my eyes wandered, searching for that one face I wanted to see earlier. Tyler wasn't here, his Dad was sitting beside mine while Kairus was on the other side. He's probably resting, or he's busy with work too. The board had more questions, I was busy laying every plan out there, on live television. I wasn't a fan of any of these fancy ways they wanted to advertise the partnership, but I had to roll with it anyway.