CHAPTER 29

Written In The Stars

Valerie's POV

"I'm certain the both of you are aware that our company is popular worldwide. So what does Monteverde Corporation and VFE have to deserve our yes?"

Dressed in a formal black dress with a coat over it, I topped the look off by pairing it with my platform sandals and a small black and white Chanel purse, I faced the CEO of the international company Uncle Luke and my Dad has been eyeing for years. With printed documents and digital copies of my report, I was assigned to talk to the executives about our project, Tyler was seated right in front of me, as I stood there with my confidence overpowering the hints of anxiety I feel deep inside. This was something very important to my parents, the entire management of MonteCorp and VFE, and it's important to me and Tyler.

Tyler was playing with a pen on his hand out of nervousness, he was twirling it around using his fingers so he could ease his tension, he used to do that a lot back when we were still in college together. I smiled, I know exactly what I was doing and I was optimistic about this. I knew I had to step up, I had to exert more efforts into this, I was carrying a heavy weight on my back. If we ever get a yes from this huge company, and we'd get them to sign a contract with us, Valdez Farming Enterprise and Monteverde Corporation's partnership projects and stocks will reach—and maybe even top—the international market.

It made me feel more hopeful knowing that we presented credentials that VFE and MonteCorp are two of the biggest agricultural based companies in the Philippines. We also harbored a lot of achievements inside and outside of the partnership for the last couple of years, we had files showing great performances of each staff and employee when it comes to making paperworks and the charts showing how greatly we maintain the big incomes and stocks each month and the growing percentage every day. We had a lot to prove, and a lot to show them that we truly deserve their yes.

"Yes, Sir. We are aware that your company is very popular across the globe, that is also why we think you are the perfect group to close a partnership deal with." I gave them a smile, collecting more thoughts. I want to give them not too much words but not less information as well. I want to tell them the right things so they would hear the things they should be hearing. "I can give you many reasons why we deserve your yes, Sir, but there is only one reason strong enough to make you realize how worth the money and effort it is to sign this contract with our companies. And that's family."

I carried on. "Monteverde Corporation was built and established by love: the love my family has for each other, the love my parents have for the people in our country, specially the farmers who work hard to provide quality crops for every consumer out there. We have the sole intention of giving fair treatment to these certain people who work hard to plant and harvest these crops, and with the help of your company, we can spread amelioration more effectively, we can help more people. We can help the ones who we treat as family. We can help the ones who worked night and day to put food on every table, to be served in every meal."

Tyler smiled at me, it was somehow enough to encourage me, to tell me that we got this in the bag. But suddenly, he stood up as well. He cleared his throat. "To add up with what Miss Monteverde have said, VFE chose to team up with Monteverde Corporation because we share the same intention: to help the farmers in our country and to build the reputation of farming in international charts and for us to reach the international market. If you look into it, it's a win-win situation, it will be worth your investment and help. You have nothing to lose, in fact, all of us will have a lot to gain so we could help more people."