CHAPTER 22

Written In The Stars

Valerie's POV

"I can't believe Tyler just disappeared... Is he related to your ex?"

Bea somehow managed to insert a joke on that one, I stared at her with a frown on my face as we both walked towards our lockers. The news has spread around the entire campus, everyone was making more assumptions than ever and adding different things in the story that are not even true. What's more amusing is that it has only been three days since the incident made it into national television. They were talking about the Buenavistas and Tyler's sudden disappearance, which remains as a head-scratcher to me. Everyone treated the issue as a big scoop for the media, a great topic to gossip on and the other huge companies saw it as a potential to top the market.

People made it obvious that they see the situation as entertainment rather than trying to show concern over these families that have been the number one topic on both social media and on the streets. There were numerous rumors that Clare couldn't even leave their house because it has been surrounded by the media, press and all these journalists, and it's the reason why Clare never showed up to school anymore. I remember asking my professors about Tyler, and they all had the same answer; 'He had to transfer elsewhere. That's all I could tell you Miss Monteverde. Mr. Lucio Valdez strictly told us to keep the other matters confidential.'

As the days slowly passed by, it was getting more difficult for me. It was hard to keep up with all the tension and drama going on around me, the big happenings with two of the most successful companies were also affecting the other ones, such as ours. My Dad has been friends with Uncle Luke for years, and he knows what a great businessman he is, my Dad has been trying his best to get him to sign a contract with us, to agree in a partnership with our company. He didn't want to go the easy way, using their friendship. My Dad wanted to work hard for it, and Uncle Luke is a fair man. But then... they all disappeared.

'I'm sorry, I love you.' Was the lest message I ever received from Tyler, he never texted after that. I didn't respond to it as well, it would only make me feel more terrible and I'd have to go back to those crushing and hurtful self-pitying days. I just couldn't believe he could simply leave without any explanations. Tyler knew about what I went through because of Mikhel before, I just can't understand how he had the guts to do the same thing. It was more painful now, because he is someone I expected more from, I thought he wouldn't commit to the same mistake.

I shook the heavy thoughts off when I reached my locker, I had to avoid that momentum where I know my tears would come flooding down. I opened it and placed my books inside, when I closed it, I was startled to see Elijah there, standing with a big smile on his face. I just rolled my eyes and sighed right in front of him, not in the mood to goof off. Then, Zeiner came along while carrying five books on one hand. His locker was the closest to Bea's, they started to talk and I was left alone with Elijah again. He's just too full of energy, too much energy if you'd ask me.

"Oh come on Val! Turn that frown upside down." He says while sticking his tongue out, he looked so childish but I couldn't help it, he was quite a charmer. He started to make more faces so I couldn't help it, I was starting to laugh hard now. Bea and Zeiner looked at us before walking closer, Elijah was too annoying that he earned a hard slap on the nape from Zein. They were bickering at each other now. I just laughed as I watched them while Bea stared in disappointment. "There you go! You look great when you're smiling and happy..."

"What the fuck... Dude that's literally so corny." Zeiner looked at Elijah in disgust and the four of us laughed. Elijah just shrugged, feeling comfortable about himself. He was always like that, and Zeiner was always like that too. Somehow, they're very different beings, but they get along very well. Just like me and Bea. She's calm and I'm a mess. Our friend group was filled with different personalities but we're all so compatible. Witnessing the four of us here, I started to miss Tyler. "Just stop it Eli, you are so gross."