A new friend

Just note that even though I'm using art from Okami, they aren't the actual characters from the series. They are just there because sick designs.

Izuku's pov:

Now that my deck was gone, I didn't know what to do. I had 10 months until the UA exam and I had to find a way to get a new deck that has a shot at getting me in. Seems tough right? Impossible even, if you're like me and dont have the proper means to do it.

Izuku- "I guess I'll go home and see what I can do."

But on my way there, I went though an alleyway and saw something which would change my life forever

Lying there was a wolf with red markings and a ring of fire over a green object.

Izuku- "I have never seen anything like this before. What is it doing here?"

The wolf had presumably heard my comment, because it began to wake up.

Wolf- "Hmm?"

Izuku- *terrified* "Aah! It speaks! I'm sorry Mr wolf I'll leave you alone!"

Wolf- "It's okay. I won't hurt you."

Izuku- "How come you are out here?"

Wolf- "I could ask you the same question."

Izuku- "You would be the first to do so aside from my mother..."

Wolf- "Hmmm...I can sense your suffering. You have endured great torment for too long."

Izuku- "...Just who are you anyway?"

Wolf- "...I don't know myself. All I remember is being in a lab caged up and these suspicious men doing research on what seemed to be a duel monsters card. I don't even know my own name..."

Izuku- "I'm sorry to hear that. No one should go through the misery of being alone and not remembering their past. If you want, I'll help you get your memories back."

Wolf- "But shouldn't you be focusing on your UA exam young one?"

Izuku- "Wait how do you know about that!?" *shocked*

Wolf- "I can access the minds of people and read into them. I just read yours so I knew you weren't a danger."

Izuku- "Makes sense...Look it's not good for you to stay out here. Those people from the lab may find you and take you back in for who knows what. Let me take care of you, and I'll also help get your memories back."

Wolf- "You would do that for me?"

Izuku- "We both could use a friend."

Wolf- "Thank you..."

Izuku- "Izuku Midoriya, though you probably already know."

The wolf chuckled lightly. It seems friendly at heart.

Wolf- "Nice to meet you. Though I don't know what to call myself..."

I then began to think of a name for the wolf. Judging by his appearance and his mysterious aura, I finally decided.

Izuku- "How about Kami?"

Wolf- "You're naming me God?"

Izuku- "Well you seem to have this mysterious aura, as if you're a holy spirit. So I though the name would be appropriate."

Kami- "Hmmm. Interesting...I like it though. Alright then. The name is Kami. Nice to meet you Midoriya."

Izuku- "Likewise. Now there's just one problem...How are you gonna walk around without scaring everyone?"

Kami- "I can do something about that."

A large beam of light emerged out of kami, blinding me.

Once the light dissipated, I was finally able to see again, only to see a small little wolf pup where Kami was.

Izuku- "Wait Kami is that you?"

Kami- "Aw dammit I was hoping you would be confused for longer. I can make myself be a chibi so that I don't scare everyone off."

He then jumped up to my shoulder and perched himself there.

Kami- "Now come on Midoriya. Let's go get some cards."

Izuku- "Get some cards? What do you mean?"

Kami- "You know of Dagobah municipal beach right?"

Izuku- "Yes I do. The beach was once beautiful but because of the currents, people saw fit to illegally dump trash there and so it's beauty has been tainted."

Kami- "Indeed. I walked past it one day and saw some duel monsters cards lying around. We can prehaps start there and see what cards are available."

Izuku- "Sure thing. We can also start clearing out the trash as well. It would help with my fitness."

Kami- "Good idea. Now let's go there and see what we can find."

We then made our way towards the beach. On the way we talked about things we both enjoyed and things we both hated.

Izuku- "You know, it angers me to hear that cards just get thrown away like this. They don't respect them at all and throw them away as if they are disposable."

Kami- "It is sad to see too. But alas that is the world we live in. It seems duel monsters powers the world and only those who are skilled are respected. It's lost the appeal it once had as just a harmless fun game, and is slowly becoming a weapon for coporations and businesses."

Izuku- "Yeah..."

A few minutes later, we made it to the beach, and were ready to start our search.

Izuku- "Alright Kami. Let's get digging!"

Kami- "Let's!'

And so the journey began...

And that's a wrap. Izuku and Kami have now met each other and have joined forces as Izuku prepares to somehow get into UA.

Vote and comment if you enjoyed. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

With that
Stay safe and I'll see y'all next time
Bye for now :)