31- Birthday surprise

Sam

We FaceTimed every night and texted as much as possible when we weren't busy we both stopped crying every night but still cry some nights wanting more than what we're getting. I really wanted to be in his arms today, today's one of those days I just need to be held by someone and that someone is Colby I miss him so much. It's been a month since we last seen each other in person and my birthdays soon and I really hope he can come visit for it.

-

I get home from school relieved it's Friday I go up to my room and close the door and dropping my bag and flopping on my bed and I grab my phone getting a notification from Colby 'hi baby 💖' 'hi! 💖' 'FaceTime?' 'yes!' I answer the call not hesitating and he smiles and I smile "hi baby" "hi Colbs!" I squeak excitedly "what's got you so happy?" "My birthdays next week!" I smile "ooo fun" he smiles "Soo can you come out here?? pleaseee" I beg "when is it?" "Next Friday" "I'm sorry baby I'm busy all next week and it's important" my smile fades "oh.. ok" "baby I'm so sorry I would love to come but I really can't miss this" I nod "no I get it Colbs it's ok" "baby I feel horrible I'm sorry" he frowns "it's ok really" I say holding tears back "I'm sorry" he mutters "colbs its ok it's not your fault" he nods "Sam!" My mom calls "well I gotta go Colbs" "oh ok bye baby love you" "love you too bye Colbs" then he hangs up and I sigh deeply and go downstairs and eat my dinner.

"Sam sweetie what's wrong?" My mom asks as I walk with my head hung low putting my dishes in the sink "he can't come mom" I mumble a tear rolling down my cheek "oh sweetie I'm so sorry" she says pulling me into a hug and I hug back and cry. "Sam sweetie you will get to see him again soon I promise ok?" I nod and wipe my tears "night mom" I say walking away from her "night Sam" she sighs. I get to my room and shut the door and lay in bed and cry into a pillow and soon cry myself to sleep

-

Colby

It's been a month since I seen Sam and I miss him more than anything I miss waking up and seeing him curled in my arms still asleep, hearing his giggles echo in the house I miss everything about him I can't take it anymore I need to see him I need to have him in my arms it feels like I'm missing apart of myself even the fans say I seem sad in the videos Im in, I just acted happy and that's why I came up with a plan

You see Devyn has been texting me telling me that Sam's birthday is close and telling me to come so I decided I'd surprise him so when he asked me to go I said I wasn't but it really hurt me seeing him so sad when I told him I couldn't go but we'll be together soon, very soon and I'm more than excited words can't even describe how happy I am knowing we'd be in each other's arms again.

-

I went shopping today and got things for Sam and then I went back home. I got a box and put the things in it and I went to the post office and sent it to him which it will probably be there when it's Friday, his birthday. I got back home and I went to my room and I bought a ticket to Kansas and my flight is on Wednesday so I'll just stay with my parents I haven't visited them in a while so it all works out, I am so excited.

-

Sam

There's a soft knock on my door "come in" I call and the door opens and in comes Devyn I smile but then I furrow my brows as she has a suitcase "what's the suitcase for?" She sighs "well I uh I'm not gonna be here for your birthday" my face drops "w-where are you going?" "To uh see Corey" "oh" I look in my lap and spin the promise ring Colby gave me around my finger "Sammy I'm sorry" "no it's ok you miss him" a tear rolls down my face "Sammy don't cry!" She runs up to me and sits on my bed and pulls me in for a hug "I-i miss him Dev" "I know Sammy I know" she hugs me tightly. I soon calm down and I wipe my tears "when do you leave?" "Tomorrow afternoon I came by to see if you wanted to hang out and then I could sleep over and then hang out tommorow too" "yeah of course" I smile slightly "great! Wanna go get lunch?" "Yeah! Just let me get dressed first" she nods and I go to my closet and change. "Ok let's go!" I say and grab my phone and we go out to her car and we go eat lunch and have fun.

-

Colby

I get to my childhood home and it's dark out and I go to the front door and ring the doorbell and soon it opens "h-" my mom gasps "colbaby!" She hugs my "hi mom" I smile and hug back. I walk in and I smile at all the memories flooding back "oh Colby!" My dad cheers standing up from the chair "hi dad" I smile and we hug "why don't you head to your room your probably tired!" My mom exclaims making me chuckle and nod and I grab my suitcase and go to my room. I sigh contently knowing I get to see Sam in two days. There's a soft knock on the door "come in" I call sitting up and turning off my phone and my mom walks in closing the door behind her "sooo?" she says teasingly sitting on the bed "sooo, what?" I chuckled "whose this Sam your dating?" "Wha- how do you know??" She laughs "it's obvious!" "How?" "Oh please it's so obvious ever since he left your house you've been all depressed looking" I sigh and roll my eyes playfully "so what is he like?" She asks again a smile plays on my lips as I think of him and I explain to her what hes like smiling the whole time and telling her how we met and how I asked him out. "Aww cute" she coos as she looks at pictures of us. "Well you guys look really happy together" I nod "I'll let you get some sleep" she pats my leg and gets up and leaves the room and I put my phone down and go to sleep thinking of Sam.

-

Me and Devyn got back home and went up to my room and got ready for bed. We blew up an air mattress for Devyn and I gave her some blankets and pillows and I got in bed and I grabbed my phone to see a text from Colby 'goodnight baby 💖' I sigh sadly since we won't be FaceTiming tonight 'night Colbs 💖' I send back and put my phone down sighing "you'll see him soon Sammy don't worry" Devyn smiles and I smile back and turn on netflix and soon fall asleep.

-

Colby

It's Sam's birthday today and I smile knowing I finally get to see him I get up and change "Colby breakfast!" My mom calls and I grab my phone and head to the kitchen. I sit at the table and eat "why are you so happy?" My dad asks "well-" "he gets to see his boyfriend today!" My mom cheers and I shake my head with a small chuckle "ah" my dad says chuckling a bit and we continue eating and I answer questions about Sam.

I sit on my bed and I text Sam's mom 'hey did the package come yet??' I send it and get my shoes on and I get a text back 'not yet but it should come by the time you get here!' 'oh ok thanks!' I put my phone in my pocket and I grab my suitcase and I go to the living room "hey could one of you drop me off at Sam's?" I ask my parents "oh I will! Just let me change" my mom says getting of the couch going to her room I chuckle and go to the kitchen leaning on the counter and text sam 'happy birthday baby 💖' 'thank you Colbs, I wish you could be here with me I miss you a lot' 'aww I'm sorry baby but we will see each other soon I promise!' "c'mon Colby!" My mom yells grabbing the keys and I grab my suitcase and we go to her car.

We get to his house and I was texting Sam the whole time and he texted me again 'a package came in for me I'll be back!' 'ok baby' I smile and put my phone in my pocket "oh Colby he's right there!" My mom says patting my knee pointing to him at the door I chuckle "right, bye mom" we lean over the seat and hug and I get out of the car and grab my suitcase out of the back "bye Colby!" She waves driving off I then walk up to his door and open it closing it quietly and I walk forward and see him in the kitchen and I put my bag down and his mom smiles at me "Sam I'll be right back" she pats his shoulder "mhm" he hums and she smiles at me and leaves. I walk up to Sam and hug him from behind

"Happy birthday baby"