16. slugs for lunch

"We know the journal is about Snape, but who else is involved?"

Hannah, Hermione, and I sat around a bench, the journal held tightly in my hand.

"I can't tell, but it has something to do with these Marauders. It's the only thing without a mark through it."

Hermione nodded as she took the book and read through a few of the pages.

"Hey."

Hermione handed me the book and I shoved it in my bag, smiling at Ron as he joined us around the bench.

"Hey Ron, what's up."

"Nothing much, have you've seen Harry?"

I raised my hand habit from class.

"Quidditch practice, Woods didn't leave my brother alone all summer for this."

Ron nodded his head and took a seat beside Hermione, Hannah and I sat on the grass before them.

"So who do you have for detention tonight?"

"Sprout but she normally lets me out early for dinner so it isn't bad."

I shrugged my shoulder and looked over my shoulder, the sight before me was more concerning that I thought possible.

The Gryffindor and Slytherin quidditch team stood nose to nose, the tension filled the grass area.

"Oh my Merlin," Hannah spoke as she stood up beside me, Hermione and Ron followed suit.

We all joined the team, standing beside the twins and Noah.

"What happened?"

"Woods booked the pitch but the snakes went over our head to Snape."

I looked at the group of green and silver robes, Flint was in Wood's face. I looked at the other players when Malfoy blond tuft of hair caught my eye.

"Look."

Hannah grabbed my shoulder and placed her head on my shoulder, her eyes scanning the group until she found Malfoy.

"What Casper is doing here?"

"I'm training to be the Slytherin seeker," Malfoy emerges from the back, his chin held high as always.

"But that isn't the only thing new this year."

Malfoy pulled the broom that was placed under his arm, holding it in the air with the smirk only growing, now large enough to cut his face in half.

"Are those-"

"Nimbus 2001," Ron cut me off, watching the dark wood brooms in awe.

"That's right, my father bought them for the team."

Hannah removed her head from my shoulder, walking to stand beside Woods with her hand gripping the top of Malfoy broom.

"Funny your dad can afford enough brooms for a Quidditch team but can't sweep his own house."

I watched Hannah in shock, her knuckles on the top of the broom. become white as Malfoy hair.

"I thought you were supposed to be a Saint, looks like the last name doesn't live up."

Hannah stepped closer but Hermione jumped in, grabbing Hannah's shoulder and pulling back.

"Aren't you gonna jump in Greyheart 2.0," Fred called.

"I don't think this is my battle to fight."

"Granger, I wouldn't get involved if I were you."

I looked back to Hermione, her hand held tightly around Hannah's arm while Hannah took a large breath of air.

"I wouldn't be so pathetic that I had to buy my way onto the Quidditch team."

Oh my god, what was in everyone's water this morning?

"Says a mudblood."

"Hey!"

Ron and I both jumped into the argument, Ron standing in front of Hermione while I stood beside him.

"Awh, look at the misfit trying to belong somewhere," Draco jutted his bottom lip out and wiggled his fingers at Ron and I.

I grabbed the pocket of my robes, about to pull my wand out before Ron was all reading, holding his own broken wand to Draco's nose.

"Eat Slugs!"

I watch the small green light of energy shoot up the wrong direction of the wand, Ron face full of horror as it hits him square in the face.

He flew back, a loud echo echoed in the courtyard while the laughs for the Slytherin joined in behind it.

Hermione and Harry ran to where Ron flew, Hannah grabbed the front of Draco robes but I pulled her back with the help of Noah.

"Come on Greyheart," Hannah said as we walked the team move around us, their smirks and prideful eyes were enough to have my jaw set.

"You know Saint, for a second year you gotta lotta fire," Lee spoke as Hannah turned to the team, each member shook at her actions.

"Yeah yeah."

Hannah and I moved to the side of the grass with Ron laying on his stomach. I heard the sound of vomit, but only a slug fell gracefully from his lips.

"(Y/N), you're good at taking care of people right?" Harry looked over his shoulder with sad pleading eyes.

"I think this might be out of my expertises, try Hagrid maybe?"

Harry nodded and looked to Hermione, both grabbing his shoulders and helping him from the fresh grass he laid on.

"Does anyone want me to grab toothpaste?"

hi loves

how do we feel about the newer chapters??

xoxo- abby