21.professor delphinus white

"How are you?"

I looked up from the book I was reading through, looking for the potion Hermione mentioned minutes ago.

"I'm good, just being dramatic I guess," I shrugged, my eyes falling from Harry back to the book before me.

"You can be dramatic, it's not like everything exactly normal."

I nodded, looking back up at Harry with his wide cocky smile. His smile grew once he saw I was smiling slightly, causing his glasses to fall down his face slightly. I took a gentle finger and pushed the glasses back up, Harry's face lit up red before Hermione came storming to our part of the library.

"I found it, the Polyjuice Potion."

"I wonder what it tastes like," Hannah wondered out loud.

"I bet limes," I held my hand up, Ron frowning before turning to look at Hannah.

"No way, definitely watermelon."

"Actually I think you're wrong I'm thinking apples, green apples to be more specific," Hannah said smirking.

"Shut up, okay so it says if the Polyjuice Potions is brewed correctly the drinker will transform into another physical form temporarily," Hermione cut in, standing in the middle of the small circle we made.

"So you're saying if Harry and I drank that we'd turn into Crabbe and Goyle?"

"Yes Ronald."

Ron laughed, looking at Harry and bumping his shoulder with his own.

"That's wicked, Malfoy will tell us anything."

I tuned out the conversation, grabbing a random book from behind me and looking at the cover.

"This History of Wands"

I thought back to my own wand, the Thestral hair core that shocked my whole family that I haven't thought much about.

"A month!"

Harry's small shout drew me out of the zone I felt, quickly tucking the book into my bag and joining back into the conversation at hand.

"Hermione, if Malfoy is the Heir to Slytherin then he could attack half the muggle-borns in the school by then."

"I know, but it's the only thing we got."

Ron frowned as Hermione shoved the book in her bag and turned back to us.

"I'm going to go get stuff for the potion, who does anyone like to help?"

Hannah jumped off the table she sat on, grabbing her bag.

"Me too," I spoke as I grabbed my own bag and left to wherever Hermione had planned.

"Harry and I have other business to attend to," Ron had a goofy smile on his face as he looked at us.

"I don't wanna know," I brushed off as I locked arms with Hermione and looked off from the library.

The hallways were mostly empty, only a few kids sat against the walls but most were too deep in conversation to care about us.

"So are we stealing from Snape or-"

"Stealing?"

We jumped as soon as we turned the corner, Ms. White stood with a delicate smile and she watched in horror, part of the plan already caught.

"I-"

"Come on, I have a key," Ms. White spoke as she walked ahead, searching her robe pocket before pulling out a key. We all stood stuck in place, watching her back as she traveled down the hall. Once we realized we weren't behind her she turned and waved her arm at us, our legs finally working as she ran to keep up with her.

"I always loved breaking into classes when I was a student here," Ms. White said, passing different class doors before stopping at Snape.

I looked at Hannah and Hermione wide eyes, her finger working the lock before the door fell open.

"My friends and I did it all the time, for prank purposes of course."

Ms. White pushed over the door gracefully before bowing as she held her arm out for us to go in.

"T-thanks," Hermione stuttered out as we stepped into the dark classroom, Ms. White following behind us. Hermione moved to the storage that was lucky open, grabbing materials and passing them to Hannah and I.

"Ah Polyjuice," Ms. White said as she read the bottle held tightly in my hand.

"Nope, definitely not," I spoke, little to no confidence in my voice.

"We wouldn't do that, it's against the rules," Hermione added, way more confident in her voice than my own.

"And breaking into a teachers office isn't?"

Hannah nervously laughed, turning to look up at Ms. White with her big blue eyes. I watched them look at each other, it was weird how much they looked alike.

Suddenly the door to the classroom opened, Ms. White quickly closed the door to the storage and stepped out with Snape.

"Delphinus, what did you think you're doing in my class?"

Snape monotone voice cut through the small white storage room.

"You've known me since 11 and you since haven't simply called me Del," Ms. White cut in.

"Delphinus, isn't that the star you did a project on?" Hermione whispered to Hannah. Hannah simply nodded her head, all of us keeping our heads down as we waited for Snape to leave.

"How's your husband?"

"Sickly but it's simply a flu," Ms. White voice sounded much more defensive.

"Oh wasn't he always so sickly when he was here."

I heard a cough, the sound of Ms. White leaning against the door of the storage room made me jump.

"And your neighbor, how's he?"

"Oh wouldn't you love to know Sev."

I heard a monotone laugh, a quick "lock-up when you're done" and the sound of the door shutting caused us all to release a breath of air.

The storage door opened, all of us quickly standing up and exiting with the material.

"Got what you need?"

"Yes Professor White," Hermione said, all of us moving to the door.

"Girls."

We all turned around, watching the woman play with the starry necklace that hung from her neck.

"If you need help getting some hair let me know."