33. no chamber for me

"Turn the nozzle," Hannah spoke as Harry let his hand hover over it but never touched.

"Wow, didn't think of that one Saint," Harry mumbled, his hand turning it before the room started shaking.

"Potter don't play with me, if we're already about to die I'd kill you."

The sink started moving, turning in a circling motion before slowly descending into the floor, a large hole that fell straight down appeared. I went to walk closer to see down but Harry grabbed my robes and pulled me back.

"It's not safe," he looked at me when I pouted at him.

"Lockheart should do it," Ron pointed over his shoulder at Lockhart, or more so what was left of Lockheart as he watched the sink like it was magic, I mean was but still.

"Hey bud," I called softly, Lockheart looking at me with a goofy smile and nodding.

"I want you to go down that hole and tell me everything you see," I waited til he stood at the edge, nodding to Hannah who pushed his shoulders to fall down. His screams echoed off the slide, his body hitting the edge till he turned a corner and couldn't be seen anymore.

"We aren't that just bloody brilliant," Ron muttered as he looked carefully into the slide.

"Dibs on first."

I giggled, Hannah's smiling face was comforting in the chaos of it all.

"I see walls," Lockheart yelled from what appeared to be the bottom of the slide.

"At least he's more helpful than when he was our teacher," I spoke, Hannah turning to me and shrugging.

"See ya on the other side."

Hannah didn't hesitate, the second hee butt touched the slide she was screaming with pure joy. Her laugh echoed off the walls, filling the bathroom like we were just simple kids doing simple kid things.

"I'll go," I raised my hand before Harry stood in front of me.

"I check to make sure it's safe."

"I would be," I smiled as I slipped under his arm, falling down the slide similar to Hannah with a  smile on my face as the fast moving wind ran across my face. I turned a corner, the dark walls of the slide didn't damper my mood as I left the feeling of liveliness hit me.

This was the childhood we're supposed to have, not petrified friends and chasing monsters.

I reached the end, jumping to the ground with a proud Hannah and an amused Lockheart.

"You join my cult," Hannah skipped to me, throwing her arm around me and pointing down the hall.

"What's your cult for?"

"Us, obviously," I smiled, the sound of Ron screaming was assmusing. I smiled at Hannah who was already smiling at me.

"Thanks for not thinking I was weird," Hannah spoke as Ron screaming finally ended, Harry followed closely behind.

"You are weird, it's why I need you around."

"Stop being sappy, we are about to die," Ron was running out of breath as he spoke quickly. Harry came around the corner, his shoes connected to Ron's back , sending him into the floor. I gasped as I ran to Ron and helped him up while Hannah laughed.

"Sorry Ron, but your face."

"I hate you all," Ron muttered, Harry jumping down and helping him up as well.

"Where are we?" Lockheart spoke again, the wonder in his voice becoming annoying quickly.

"Chamber of Secrets," Hannah brushed off the phrase like it was nothing. It was weird how normal this almost felt, especially after last year.