18. bloody letters don't seem welcoming

"Catch it."

Hannah shot peas at my mouth, my head titled every way to try to even catch a single pea in my mouth.

"You are both insane," Hermione spoke as she took a sip of her pumpkin juice.

"I was sane until I met you lot," I mumbled to myself as Hannah shot more peas across the table.

"Hey, you act like we signed up for this," Ron pushed me down the bench, my shoulder falling into someone else.

Wyatt, the weird boy that had the crush on me, sat there with wide eyes.

"Evening (Y/N)."

"Evening Wyatt."

"Ron!"

I turned back, Ron smiling with a handful of peas in his mouth. He closed his mouth and chewed the food, a smirk on his face as he looked at me.

"How?"

Ron shrugged and moved back over, I quickly slid back into my seat. I picked a few things off my plate and shoved my face with them.

"Where is Harry again?"

"Lockheart," Hermione answered as she looked between us.

"Let me just pray to Merlin real quick for him."

Hannah dropped her fork and placed her hand together, looking up at the enchanted sky above us before dropping her hands and grabbing her fork again.

"You need to stop talking about Merlin Hannah," Hermione said as he grabbed a napkin and wiped the food from the corner of her lip. Hannah pushed her hand away and pouted at her.

"Don't treat me like a child."

Hannah grabbed the napkin and cleaned the area Hermione had already cleaned. I heard a loud gasp and looked over my shoulder. The Slytherin table was laughing at the water that dripped down Pansy, Oden holding the bucket in his hand while Malfoy stood beside him.

"Isn't that your brother?"

I nodded and looked at them, my eyes glancing down each end looking for Noah. Noah sat with the twins and Lee, watching the same scene unfold.

I stood from my seat and jogged to Noah, taking a seat between Fred and George.

"What's going on?"

Noah looked at me, shrugging his shoulder before he let his elbow fall onto the table.

"That's not sweet Oden who used to carry files outside and not kill them," I spoke as I grabbed Fred's drink and took a quick sip.

"I know, but maybe it's Malfoy manipulating him," Noah spoke as his spoon ran over the top of his soup.

"Look, I know Malfoy well enough that he wouldn't play games," I spoke as I watched Malfoy grab Oden's shoulder a left to the other side of the table.

"SO we're on the Malfoy side now?"

I rolled my eyes and looked at Noah, his knuckles white as he gripped his spoon.

"We're there earlier."

I looked to George before looking back to my brother, the anger for everything from today building up quickly.

"I didn't say Malfoy was a saint-"

"That would be Hannah," Lee cut in with a small happy smile on his lips.

"-but we've seen the Malfoy at those stupid pureblood parties, he doesn't know a life without being told what to do so I doubt he'd do it to someone else."

The food slowly vanished, informing us dinner was ending soon. Noah said nothing, falling back into a conversation with Lee would look uncomfortable. I stood up, pushing the table with me slightly as I walked back to Hannah, Hermione, and Ron who already stood up.

"We are going to see if Harry is out yet," Ron said as he smiled at me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Okay, I'll come with."

Ron threw an arm over my shoulder as we wandered out the Great Hall, Hannah picking up a quick joke.

"I'm just saying, Dumbldore could use a razor for that beard," Hannah spoke as she rounded the corner.

Harry stood against the wall, his ear pushed against the wall and his hand ran down the center of the wall.

"Harry!"

I was opened to walk up to him before he jumped, his eyes wide as he walked up. We stop in our walk, watching Harry as his body starts shaking.

"Kill."

Harry spoke softly, like he didn't even mean for us to hear the words fall out his lips.

"Do you hear that?"

I looked to Ron, his face looking to me as he looked to Hannah on the other side of him.

"Hear what?"

"Kill, it's going to kill."

Harry pushed through Ron and I, running down the halls while we all looked to each other.

"Should we follow?" Hannah asked, bewildered as she looked over at me. I shrugged and took off in the same direction Harry had just run, footsteps sounded behind me as it echoed off the stone cold walls of the castle.

I watched Harry stop in the center of the conjoining hallway, looking to the ceiling at the Wal before his eye landed on the floor. I finally stood beside him, his finger slowly pointing to something near the window.

I looked to see a small trial of spiders running up the wall, filtering out the window. I felt Hannah arm brush mine, her breath heavy as he looked where Harry pointed.

"Spiders, cool."

"Not cool," Ron voice jumped an octave before Hannah laughed and walked closer to the small trail.

"I wish I had 8 legs."

"Hannah, maybe this isn't a time for a joke," I spoke, watching Harry's eyes look down the hall, slowly moving down the hall.

"Trust me I'm not joking, I would love to be a spider.

Ron jumped into Hermione's side once Hannah's fingers wiggled over the trail.

"Harry?"

I followed closely behind Harry, his eyes trained on the water below our feet. I saw a small reflection, red letters caught my eyes. I slowly looked up, the letter looked to be written in blood which was slowly trailing down the wall.

"Guys!"

I heard my own voice echo off the wall, the sound of the beat of shoes came up behind Harry and I, definitely reading the words written on the wall.

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened, Enemies of the Heir beware."

finally a long chapter!!

I hope you are enjoying book 2, please leave feedback because it makes be happy when you all comment!!

xoxo- abby