28. sorry it's a slytherin thing

"There he is," Hannah mumbled, pointing to Malfoy who walked alone down the dark halls of the dungeon.

"In character boys," I mutter, standing out from behind the wall and jogging up to Malfoy with the rest of the group close behind me.

"Evening Draco," I gave a gentle smile and nodded my head at me, giving my most graceful walk I could muster.

"Greengrass, how's your sister?"

"Well."

Draco looked over this shoulder to Ron, Harry, and Hannah, or this his eye would be Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy.

"Where have you lots been?"

At that moment I saw them, those rounded glasses perched onto Harry, or Goyle, face.

"Why are you wearing glasses?"

I let my teeth run over my lip, closing my eyes as I waited for the inevitable expulsion that would happen after Malfoy told us about our little game.

"R-reading?"

The words came out a complete question, making the situation worse than it already was.

"Mhm, I didn't know you could read?"

Hannah slapped her hand over her mouth, her small giggles falling slightly past the facade she had up.

"Pansy, why does laughing not sound so annoying?"

Hannah let her hand drop and stare at Malfoy wide eyed, turning to me before looking back to Malfoy in a panic.

"Whatever, come on. Greengrass why don't you come too."

I smiled and walked beside Malfoy with my shoulders back, gliding across the floor as she would do herself.

"What do you think you are doing down here?"

I turned, Percy Weasley walking around the group before he stood before us with his hands-on his hip looking between us. I was never one to be scared of Percy, half the time Percy was scared of me, but at that moment I thought I was going to word vomit everything as I watched the prefect before me pull out a quill.

"What are you doing down here Weasel," venom dripped from his words as he pushed past Percy to the Slytherin common room. I nodded at Percy and kept a quick pace with Malfoy. I looked behind me to see Hannah behind us but Ron and Harry still stood before Percy without mouths.

"Crabbe, Goyle, hurra up," Malfoy nodded his head to the door, breaking the trace the two had falling into and running to follow behind us.

"Pureblood," Malfoy muttered before walking through the opening in the wall into the Slytherin common room. I looked at the dark walls, the dark room was weirdly comforting compared to the never ending brightness of the Gryffindor common room.

Draco fell to the couch, leaving the end of the couch gesturing for me to sit which I took. Hannah sat on the couch across from us, giving her best pout she would like looking at Malfoy, it was weird how real this felt.

It was weird not being (Y/N) Greyheart, I was the person you asked about the younger sister and not hidden in the shadows of the Golden Boy of Gryffindor for once. It felt nice, to be the one people would think of first.

"Well, sit down," Malfoy's voice broke me from my daydream of another life, watching Harry and Ron fall onto the couch before us.

"The way those Weasley behave you'd never realize they were pureblood," Malfoy drowned out as I watched Oden walk down the stairs from his dorm, a book in hand. He nodded to Malfoy and myself before continuing his walk.